120V 3N.m 3000r/min
1100W 60HZ 14A
Enclosure class IP54

Wiring description from the label:
Main supply wires
Red (U)
Blue (V)
Black (W)
(there is also a yellow w/grn stripe wire coming out of the motor that I'm fairly certain is a ground.)

Hall supply
Red (+5v)
Black (GND)
Yellow (SA)
Blue (SB)
Green (SC)

The controller it was hooked to says: Ancer BLDC-750M. Any and all help finding a controller for this would be greatly appreciated.

Bill

It's a brushless DC motor with 120V windings. What specifically are you trying to figure out?

Edit: Just re-read your post. You're looking for a brushless DC motor controller, or electronic speed controller. A Google search with those terms should get you started.

Last edited:
Yea, sorry. Typed the title before I figured out the motor type.

Yes I am looking for a controller, but most on flea-bay only go to 90v or a few hundred watts. Maybe I just haven't searched long enough. Google doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be...

Bill

Yea, sorry. Typed the title before I figured out the motor type.

Yes I am looking for a controller, but most on flea-bay only go to 90v or a few hundred watts. Maybe I just haven't searched long enough. Google doesn't seem to be as good as it used to be...

Bill
Though handicapped by my admittedly small knowledge of DC motor controllers, my guess is that if you did apply a 90V controller to this motor, it would run at approximately 75% of rated RPM, with the motor's ability to develop torque dependent on the amp output of the controller.

Thanks, this might work if the amperage is sufficient. But the reduced motor RPM and HP means I have to gear down even more to get a 4k spindle speed.

Switched from Google search to Bing and got some decent links to investigate. I found some circuit designs and chip offerings, but am not interested in attempting my own controller. I switched over to software/firmware many moons ago so my hardware skills have atrophied considerably. And even back then I wasn't a motor control guy.

I have an email into KB Controls asking about their SCR constant current controller to see if that might work. And another to Anaheim Automation. Hopefully something will turn up.

Bill

You might request a catalog from the Surplus Center in Lincoln, Nebraska. Their PH # is 402-474-5167. They usually have several industrial surplus DC controllers and their prices are reasonable. They may have what you need.

Back