What would you have paid? Pictures

Are those the dividing head gears in the bottom of the mill?
Yes, they are for the dividing head, both for spiral cutting and differential indexing. Mine has all that stuff, including the universal milling head (all angle). I'd say that the machine and all the stuff shown would be worth the better part of 2K$.

Is your K&T #2 set up for a universal dividing head (for helical motions)? I don't know if that's useful for a completely horizontal mill, but some of those K&T setups are jaw-droppingly awesome in universal trim.

All of us that posted are talking about a B&S #2 universal; they are made for spiral cutting as well as non universal (non Spiral milling.

there are 300$ worth of cutters there. If working the mill is worth about a grand here in our parts, so 1300$.

In the end, it is worth what someone is willing to pay ------- and they are not exactly plentiful.

Ok, so it does exist-- seems to be missing the quick return crank on the RH end of the table, I have one similar, a somewhat earlier model, it does not have rapid travel or the more convenient speed/feed mechanism with the cranks to change speeds and feeds; both types were made during WW-2, mine in 1943, I have a friend nearby that has one the same as yours, dates 1944, I think.
I do have a crank for it but it is not the original. I'll probably get a handwheel for it though

Back