Which Grizzly mill should I buy

I'm thinking of going with the Grizzly 0755 myself. With the power headstock, square column and power table feed it's seems to be the best by I've seen. Ray said that the PM45 was a real good machine but I can't read the price on the website. I'll be in the Grizzly at $2429. delivered. From what I hear it's a pretty good machine.
All thoughts and opinions appreciated.
Houston

Just a note. Went online to order the 0755 and was informed they are on backorder. I'll call the Springfield, MO store tomorrow and see i they can narrow that down. Also checked the price against a similar PM mill. They're too high for me. :)

Houston

Just a note. Went online to order the 0755 and was informed they are on backorder. I'll call the Springfield, MO store tomorrow and see i they can narrow that down. Also checked the price against a similar PM mill. They're too high for me. :)

Houston

Hi
I decided to get the G0755 and was informed by Grizzly they are backordered with delivery at Grizzly of week of April 26th, 2014.:thinking:
Guess i will just have to wait. Also ordered a DRO (Grizzly model with glass scales)

Jim

Dave/Harley how loud is it? I had a gear head years ago and it was quite LOUD at 2,000 just running not cutting. I have been looking at belt drive mills for this reason.
No kidding. I'm pretty happy with my RF31 which came with a three phase, two speed motor. Without the VFD it will do 3,000 RPM, with the VFD I can crank it to 5K rpm or more if I want. Smaller end mills are no longer an issue and noise never was, I routinely run the spindle at 2 to 3K.

For me the round column is a trade off I don't mind.

Another nay for the round column. Been there done that. Had a Grizz 6019, found it a little small but loved the variable speed and power tapping feature. Stepped up to a 0720 with a power feed for the table. I see that they offer that option now. I used a feed unit for a 6019 on mine. Had to go to Montana to pick it up. For my projects it sure does the trick.

Back