Resolved Why can't I see my own posts?

macardoso

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I'm wondering if the site settings were changed. Lately whenever I post something I cannot see it in the "What's New" or "New Posts" sections. I definitely remember at least a few months ago that I could see it.

I find it reassuring to see my post so I know it went through. People respond to it, so I think it is visible to others.

Let me run a test.

Well, you are correct. I don't see this post at or near the top of the New Post list after I saved it the first time. I'll report it. But in the meantime try clicking on Recent Activity at the other end of the tool bar from New Posts. What's shown is a little different from what's shown in the New Posts list but if all you want if for is to confirm that you did save your post, it would serve the same purpose.

Last edited:
OK, One of the other Moderators who uses"What's New" and/or "New Posts" says that you need to look at how your Alerts are set up because it is still possible to set it up the way that you want it set. First click on your User ID up in the main tool bar. Then look at the settings in two or three of the areas under that. Something must have gotten changed in one of more of those.

My photos are also affected on almost all my posts, only one or two are showing and the others are just named at the bottom

OK. First, try going to your account and looking at your Alerts settings. And change any that don't appear to be right. I don't know for certain that it is necessary but log out, kill your browser, and reboot your compute or telephone. Then log in, make a short test post, save it and check whether it now shows up to you as it did before.

In the meantime, on the photos issue give us the Forum and if necessary sub Forum where one of your posts with supposed-to-be-attached photos is, and the full Subject. One of us will check it out and get back to you. The two issues should be unrelated.

@wa5cab, Thanks for looking into this. I currently have all option selected for "Alert" and "Push". No change after logging in and out.

Well, that should have fixed it, but sorry that it didn't. I don't know anything else to tell you to try. Sorry.

If you are still having issues with photos, give me the thread name and forum, and the post number with the problem.

Back