Why did this happen? OT

We've had several teenagers killed here. In all cases they were not wearing a seat belt. In one case less than a mile from my house they were racing a train at the crossing, seatbelt wouldn't matter against a 65mph Amtrak. One of my employees had to quit driving the rural emergency rescue unit. Couldn't take seeing what happened to many people he knew.
I feel sorry and thankfull for all ER people and firefighters that has to do what they do and live with what they see. HATS OFF TO YOU.

Or, as shown in RoboCop II, Magnavolt Lethal Response Anti-Theft device. Pump the offender with 100,000 Volts. When you get back to your car, simply open the door, pull the offender out, get in and drive away!

.....maybe hang up an air freshener first.

-brino

We insulate kids too much and allow them to be bombarded with fantasy in the movies. Everything is "Fast and Furious" where cars wreck, roll 10 times and everyone walks away to end up in the sequel.

My girlfriends 17 year old son wrecked his 80's vintage Nissan 240sx going around a turn... that was wet from someone's broken sprinkler... so it wasn't his fault.

When I was a kid a mid 80's Nissan 240sx was a complete piece of junk that no one would be caught it. Now it is the coolest car to own... due exclusively to the "Fast and Furious" movies. ...but he wasn't screwing around or trying to drift it or anything. :angel:

Another of his friends was thrown out of the back of a pickup while one of the other boys was showing off how well he could drift said pickup... and rolled it.

I have a 16 year old daughter. My Girlfriend and I are at opposite poles when it comes to parenting. If anything my daughter is overly conservative when it comes to doing stupid things... that undoubtedly comes from an overly protective father.

At some point I think that parenting has to enter the equation. "Kids will be kids" is a parents cop out in my opinion. Teaching your kids that they are not responsible for their actions by buffering them from the consequences is not what I consider proper parenting.

************************************************************************************************************************************************

As for politics... I honestly believe wanting to be in politics is a mental illness. Public servants... my but! The proper term is "Self Servant!"

My girlfriends 17 year old son wrecked his 80's vintage Nissan 240sx going around a turn... that was wet from someone's broken sprinkler... so it wasn't his fault.
So the sprinkler was driving the car? Unless there was another vehicle involved, it was surly his fault.

Teaching your kids that they are not responsible for their actions by buffering them from the consequences is not what I consider proper parenting.

Isn't that what you just did above?

His father and mother (my girlfriend) were agreeing with him that it was not his fault. My daughter and I are... yeah, sure!

He saw a big spot of wet street and thought is would make a cool slide (just like in the movies) and it got away from him. He is her son so they raise him how they see fit. My daughter and I have a different understanding of responsibility.

His father and mother (my girlfriend) were agreeing with him that it was not his fault. My daughter and I are... yeah, sure!
Be careful not to say that out loud.

He saw a big spot of wet street and thought is would make a cool slide (just like in the movies) and it got away from him. He is her son so they raise him how they see fit. My daughter and I have a different understanding of responsibility.
You raised your daughter well.

Back