Why Do I Think About Things Like This?????

Whyemier

Active User
Registered
I was thinking about over-population (dunno why just was) and got to thinking how much land area do we really have in the world. Didn't want to go there so I thought "Whats a kinda flat state?" and thought Nebraska. I apologize to you guys from Nebraska ahead of time.

Nebraska has 77,358 sq. miles. That works out to be 2,156,617,267,200 sq. feet. If we divided that by 8,000,000,000 (around the population of the world) it would allow 269.5771584 sq ft per person or an area about 16.418 feet on a side. Hmmmm. Would we want to do that? Probably not. I was just thinking, if that is the case? How can we say the world is over populated. If everyone could fit into Nebraska, there must be plenty of room to grow food, build businesses, houses, roads and other infrastructure. Some folks would want to live in the far frozen tundra (don't know why they just would), others might choose a mountain top or desert or seashore (most would want the seashore from what I can see). Plenty of places to live so...What's the problem?

Must be people, not population.

Let me check my figures and take a second look.

Just pondering the imponderables

It's not a lack of land but resources. You think gas is expensive now ahahahahaha We are draining our aquifer now let alone crammed nut to butt.

Over populated? Eh I dont know where that line is. I think we have more of a problem with correct our own behaviours then we do with to many people.

I could write an entire book on this subject, but I won't, here's how the story ends.... Mother earth wins! That's right! Long after we've sucked all the oil out of the ground, ate all the food and animals and each other, drank all the clean water, killed each other for the last few resources and after we've nuked the place, and we're all gone and just about most living things on it, mother earth will rebuild and replenish herself, and hopefully not allow stupid people like us to ever come back here again.

:noidea:

Don't even suggest the "Nebraska" thing. :p We already have almost a couple of million people here which is about 1,900,000 too many (I like my space. :biggrin:)

-Ron

In a similar vein of pondering other things I am always amazed at how fast the works of man get covered over.
Excavating roman villas that are buried "x" feet under ground. How come?
I have a line of pavers in my front yard that are now 6" deep after only 12 years.
I purposely left them alone watching as the grass then soil slowly encroached and covered them. Now the only sign of them is during the dry season when the grass dies off leaving the pathway visible as a dry line of sandy soil.

Don't even suggest the "Nebraska" thing. :p We already have almost a couple of million people here which is about 1,900,000 too many (I like my space. :biggrin:)

-Ron

Ya, but it would be better for you to have them than to have them end up here. I wanna keep my favorite fishin' hole to myself, thank you! :lmao:

Back