Why I bought a mill

You know the money we spend on recycling AL cans, it may be worthwhile to add some swarf. I haven't done it, it just popped into my mind looking at that...

I went up to the scrap yard with a load of steel Monday . Just threw it in the dumpster and didn't even stop for the couple bucks . Now , when it comes to aluminum cans , thats a different story . My last trip was 48 lbs worth , and I know darn well this next trip I'll more than double that !

I did 4 18" AL wheels from my wife's car, got 25 bucks for all 4:mad:

I can remember aluminum was $2 a lb . I used to take my extra plate and bars over and come out pretty good . This would've been back in the 90s . Now , the plate and roundstock isn't worth scrapping out , only beer aluminum cans . :big grin:

Well , believe it or not , that middle one is darn near empty . Just a few more items of interest in there . :encourage:
An empty Vidmar? That sounds sacrilegious.

Well, at least it makes me feel better about it. :D

But if David starts a thread about his mill & the progress of rebuilding it & tooling it up, I promise to behave in that one.
Yeah --- Riiiiiight. :cautious:

Wanna see a picture of your " new to you " surface grinder ? :laughing:
You're showing 'The Kid' an SG? Isn't there any 'age' seniority left in this world??? :grin:

I would love to post my pics , but I need a new phone . :cussing::big grin:
Here's your phone... -=- LINK -=-
1582392708505.png Pretty durable from the reviews I've read.

Just in case you haven't figured it out yet, she's thinking LONG TERM, while you're thinking Short Term. Once you have the shop filled to capacity with fancy tools she'll be saying "now that you've got all the tools you need it's my turn". I doubt she'll be buying welders, lathes, or milling machines, but you can bet whatever she buys will cost the same as, or more than the tools in the shop.

Be careful what you wish for next.

You are oh so correct ther Projectnut!!

First it's sewing machines, then surgers.
After that they graduate to quilting machines!!
But...she has already promised me a fancy denim cover for the table and vice on my Jet!!

Back