Re-Opened Why the # of posts per page changed from 40 to 10?

Ken from ontario

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I used to be able to set my preference on how many posts per page I'd like to have for any thread but now that feature is not available to me any more, now a thread with 40 posts is in 4 pages instead of just one , is there something I could do to set the numbers of posts to 40 per page?
THank you.

Hi Ken,

I'm experimenting with some page loading time options and set the number of replies in a thread to 10 per page. I expect this to be temporary - a day or two at most. In the meantime, where could you set the option previously?

Bryan

Upvote 0
Hi Ken,

I'm experimenting with some page loading time options and set the number of replies in a thread to 10 per page. I expect this to be temporary - a day or two at most. In the meantime, where could you set the option previously?

Bryan
Hi Bryan,
Thank you for your reply, it is very much appreciated.
The last time I set the number of posts per page was when I joined this site, that was 4 years ago, I believe there was a an option in my "preferences" it asked something like :how many posts would like to see per page, and I could choose 10, 20, 30 or 40, I chose 40 like I've done with every site I have joined.
That option is no longer available anywhere on here, I hope you'll manage to reset it back to 40 /page again . it just makes it a lot easier to read especially if it's an old thread .
Thanks again .
Ken.

Upvote 0
Will this make links which were previously shared on other posts/websites invalid? Those links reference the page number.

I don't mind the shorter pages otherwise.

Upvote 0
Will this make links which were previously shared on other posts/websites invalid? Those links reference the page number.

I don't mind the shorter pages otherwise.

The page number links are dynamic - I'm reasonably sure of this but will test it to be sure.

Upvote 0
My $0.02 worth.

I understand why some want the 10 per page, but others like the 40 per page. I would love to see it optional in the preferences so each can choose what works best for their situation.

Upvote 0
I couldn't agree more, make it optional, I personally like 40 posts per page so I can quickly go through them to get the gist of the thread. we have many threads with 150 posts in them on average , that's like 15 pages to go through instead of four.

Upvote 0
Back