Will Little Machine Shop tail stock fit a compact 8

pmzielinski

Registered
Registered
Hi, I've been watchin ebay for a while for compact 8 parts to get mine back to usable condition without a lot of luck. I was looking at little machine shops 4791 as a possibility of something that could work or could be modified to work.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge on this?

There is one particular Ebay seller called "Emco Hobby Shoppe" who would be most likely to have one. You may have to wait a while but I have seen them pop up from time to time
Sorry, I don't know if the LMS tailstock would fit. You can shim or space up one that is shorter, but one too tall would be difficult to adapt
-Mark

There is one particular Ebay seller called "Emco Hobby Shoppe" who would be most likely to have one. You may have to wait a while but I have seen them pop up from time to time
Sorry, I don't know if the LMS tailstock would fit. You can shim or space up one that is shorter, but one too tall would be difficult to adapt
-Mark
Thanks I saved that seller.

Another little tidbit of info: Sears sold a rebadged version of the Austrian made Compact 8 back in the 70s. They changed the color scheme from orange to grey and black but otherwise the exact same lathe. Just in case you see a listing for a "Sears Craftsman 8" lathe tailstock"
-M

The Chinese made version of the Compact 8 is still in production and I suspect that the tailstock from that lathe will likely fit the Austrian lathes. You might email the site owner of Pro Machine Tools to see if he has one. If he does, his prices are usually much better than you can get anywhere else on line. Otherwise, ebay is your next best bet. Be patient; one will show up.

Do you already bought a new tailstock?
I've an dutch emco compact 8 rebadged version (an huvema HU450). And i wanted to modify my tailstock.
A few days ago i found a tailstock that looks pretty simular including a quick-lock.

I've ordered one. so in approximately 2 months i can give you more info about the fitment of this WM210V tailstock.
The 210V version has the same center height as the compact 8 (105mm).

Do you already bought a new tailstock?
I've an dutch emco compact 8 rebadged version (an huvema HU450). And i wanted to modify my tailstock.
A few days ago i found a tailstock that looks pretty simular including a quick-lock.

I've ordered one. so in approximately 2 months i can give you more info about the fitment of this WM210V tailstock.
The 210V version has the same center height as the compact 8 (105mm).

no I haven't found one yet. If you get a round to it I'd like to hear how you made out.

Back