WS wiper wiring

I found a DPDT relay. Now trying to get my head around how to hook it up :confused:

This seems right? EDIT but doesn't work any better
PICT0011.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to tell without the rest of the circuits how you are controlling the blip relay. You only want the blip relay to come on and power the motor only when the switch is turned off. It then powers the motor till the blip.

Here's the latest drawing.
Main relay is activated when on LO or through timer relay.
When switch is off, main relay deactivates and applies power through NC contact to blip relay.
Blip relay keeps + voltage to LO motor wire through NC contact.
12 volts from motor blip contact activates blip relay thereby removing 12 volts from motor LO.
The other pole of blip relay will short out motor + and - wires.

I really think the blip being too short is the problem and causes the motor to overrun and keep going.

I'll get this to work one way or another even if I need to modify something!

Thanks
Aaron

DSCF4924.JPG

Looks like it should work alright. Need to lengthen the blip or speed up the switching, or slow the motor. Is the testing done with wiper drag on the window? Sometimes the conventional style wiper motors will overshoot without the drag.

Finally got it to work with all features as it should. Switched out blip contacts for a micro switch (a little hack job ;)). Also had to use both poles of the rotary switch to make hi speed work w/o interference from park relay. I wouldn't do it like this on my car, but this is only a homemade tractor:D
Thanks for the help from all who did. I really appreciate it!
Aaron

DSCF4931.JPG

Good job of thinking it through. With the microswitch you basically converted it to old school type wiper motor. Glad you got it done.

Back