Closed WTB MT4 outside, MT5 extension socket

erikmannie

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
EDIT: I don’t need one anymore because I bought a new one for $70.

I have a Morse Taper #4 tailstock, and I will be using a Morse Taper #5 live center.

Used, new, domestic, Chinese will suffice. What do you have?

45B1260A-2519-4C66-82E4-C611D8EFA0E8.png

Last edited:
That is going to stick out a bit, use up space and decrease holding power.

You likely got a good deal on a center, look for a trade.

We have 5 in our lathe, not sure if we have any 4.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Right. You would most likely be much better off in the long run getting a #4 live center. And sell the #5 one.

Not so quick ! I'll check downstairs if he really needs one . :encourage:

I definitely need an MT #4 outside, MT #5 inside extension socket.
Well then , I'll check in a little while ! I'm heading down anyways to listen up on some old country . :big grin:

Erik , I checked the basement and found a few smaller sleeves but not the 4mt to 5 mt . I'll be going down to the other house today for other things and will check down there as well as out in the Vidmars . I haven't given up just yet . :grin: 20 degrees right now , I know the garage is COLD !

Right. You would most likely be much better off in the long run getting a #4 live center. And sell the #5 one.

I don’t have an MT5 center yet.

MT4 bullnose live centers are *almost* big enough for the 8” schedule 40 pipe that I plan to machine.

MT4 bullnose live centers *are* big enough for 8” schedule 80 pipe.

I want to use schedule 40 (rather than schedule 80) for my pipe welding coupons because I think putting in the root pass is the most fun part of pipe welding.

If I considered laying filler passes the most fun part, I would use schedule 80 pipe.

They do make 8" MT4 centers,
7.87" Pipe Bull Head Center Head Only 3-573-0402P (For Use with MT4 Shank 4" Rotating Body # 3-573-044P)

Precise MT4 8" Heavy Duty Nose Live Center - 3900-4999

MT5 INSIDE TO MT4 OUTSIDE (3900-1872) is available through different vendors

Thanks anyway, but I don’t need one anymore because I bought a new one for $70

Back