1940 South Bend 9A

I shipped em, post office says you should get them on Tuesday. Look for a small flat rate box. I hope they fit.
Greg

You made the lathe look nice. I still liked the way it looked when you got it. Something about that well used look that appeals to me..lol.

Chuck

Helluva fine job you did, Bailey! She looks sweet. Glad you took pix cuz she'll never look that clean again. :)

I had a similar ejection problem (although it wasn't on a 9A). I drilled and tapped the small end 3/8"-16 and installed a short spacer with a socket head flat head screw after determining required spacer length with just the screw.

Robert D.

Good idea Robert, unless I can find some MT 2 centers that are long enough,
I'll follow your suggestion.

Bailey

- - - Updated - - -

You made the lathe look nice. I still liked the way it looked when you got it. Something about that well used look that appeals to me..lol.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck
Even an old barn looks better with some paint on it.

Bailey

- - - Updated - - -

Helluva fine job you did, Bailey! She looks sweet. Glad you took pix cuz she'll never look that clean again. :)

Thanks,
You are right, I have been truing up some old chuck adapter plates that fine grit gets everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I shipped em, post office says you should get them on Tuesday. Look for a small flat rate box. I hope they fit.
Greg

No rush Greg, thanks again.
Looking for a 7/16"-14 square head nut for the TS, the bolt and nut on the machine were both
stripped when I got the lathe.
Grainger had them, but I don't want to buy 100 of them.
If I can't find one I'll make one.

Bailey

McMaster Carr will sell you one bolt or 5000 - way friendlier than Grainger. Give them a try if you don't have any other luck.

McMaster Carr will sell you one bolt or 5000 - way friendlier than Grainger. Give them a try if you don't have any other luck.

Thanks
Hadn't thought about M-C, have bought several items from them in the past.
After looking at several manuals of old SB9 tailstocks, it appears that the original nut was a hex and not square.
I have ordered some hex 7/8" stock and will make the nut to fit the wrench.
Bailey

Back