2013 POTD Thread Archive

Finished the inlet ring for the Ducted Fan.

"Billy G"

102_0152 (550 x 309).jpg

I recently picked up a Maximat 7 which needed a few parts replaced.
Unfortunately parts are hard to find, and or they are expensive.
Anyway, the fork shift lever made of pot metal in the headstock was trashed, and I decided to fabricate a new one.
Here is the result. Works fine.. I needed to guess at some measurements and had multiple passes at trimming to fit.
6061 Aluminum was used. I sand blasted after to disguise all the "warts"

IMGP1439.JPG

One more part to fabricate..

Dan

IMGP1439.JPG

Wowsers!!! That's quite the "restoration" ... "trashed" seems much too mild a word for the 3D jigsaw puzzle condition of the original! :man:

Wowsers!!! That's quite the "restoration" ... "trashed" seems much too mild a word for the 3D jigsaw puzzle condition of the original! :man:

+1 on that for sure ! Nice job on recovering and reassembling the bits. You don't work in the accident investigation department of the NTSB do you ?!!? LOL ! Well done !!!

Continuation of the Harig 612 SG teardown/clean/re-assemble project. Hate this drudge work so only work on it once or twice a wk for a few hrs. Only been dinkin with it since July!
Maybe by Xmas time it will be ready to run and get all dusty again...

Lifting off the dust collector cabinet base
8azevavu.jpg
Yuck! Must have been cohabitating in a wood shop. Goo is mixed w sawdust
6u5atepu.jpg
y8erygah.jpg
A peek at the nether region of a grinder base if there was ever a question of whats under there!
ba5e2ytu.jpg
The clean parts staging area
adepazuv.jpg

8azevavu.jpg

6u5atepu.jpg

y8erygah.jpg

ba5e2ytu.jpg

adepazuv.jpg

I was cleaning up on and around the mill today and got thinking about a couple projects that I've been meaning to do. One was a work stop for the vise and the other was some sort of cover for the mill bed to keep chips out of the T-slots. The covers were pretty easy. Made them from some scrap plexi-glass from the hardware store trash bin. I marked them with the profile of the milling vise and trimmed on the bandsaw. I still need to make a couple of tee slot nuts and drill a couple holes two hold these in place while the mill is run.
The work stop was made from some pieces retrieved from the junk box. I think this is going to work for its intended purpose.

table covers(1).jpg table covers(2).jpg

The quill lock on my Clausing 8520 is just a bolt and I was always reaching for the wrench, so I turned out a new lock with a lever. Should have done this a long time ago.

View attachment 61746

Shawn
Hi SHAWN
That makes two of us !!!
Good show. Nice project, well executed.
Just the inspiration we needed to pluck up enough courage.
Will try and give this a shot as I have the same problem on my 14x40 Lathe Saddle.
Just need get the Dimensions worked out right.

Bet U never thought Your work would give impetus for others to resolve similar problems !!!
Thanks a mill again for posting.
LORD BLESS
aRM

Had to make a new spacer for the drive line on one of my garden tractors. The taper is off, man thats hard to cut, but Im still learning. I dont think it will matter that its not the same, its for clearance in the clutch fork.

TEASER SPRING SPACER 1.jpgTEASER SPRING SPACER 2.jpgTEASER SPRING SPACER 3.jpg

TEASER SPRING SPACER 1.jpg TEASER SPRING SPACER 2.jpg TEASER SPRING SPACER 3.jpg

Today I took two stock gears from Boston Gear and made a hub to join them together into a 100/127 compound gear for my Logan 922 for metric threading. Yes, I know I badly jacked up the second keyway :D

79dOUDC.jpg

79dOUDC.jpg

Looks like its gonna work just fine, its job is to protect a small spring.
TEASER SPRING 4.jpgTEASER SPRING 5.jpg

TEASER SPRING 4.jpg TEASER SPRING 5.jpg

Back