2015 POTD Thread Archive

Haven't had much time with the mill other than small projects. Someday I will have it cleaned up , painted and have some tooling to tackle bigger projects.
A friend wanted a brake removed so he can change handguards . For some reason they welded a brake on a 20" barrel ?
20150213_124650_zpsd964da1e.jpg
20150213_125619_zps1603c5ec.jpg
20150213_133824_zps44ac6804.jpg
So then the wife wanted some hooks for a pinterest project . She is so good about letting me work out in the barn I have to let her play too. She needed four brackets so it was easier to mill all them at once.
20150207_122507_zpse09ee93b.jpg
Honestly it is sixty five degrees in there.
20150207_134731_zps6520a4ec.jpg
hook_zpse50ba851.jpg
20150214_214326_zpsccf6f23f.jpg
Did someone recondition it ? It looks like new .
Recieved my new Mill Head and got it installed. Still getting it setup, but did get it powered up. Wow! Is it quiet and smooth! No difference in noise from 60RPM to 4200RPM.

View attachment 95801 View attachment 95803 View attachment 95802

Assembly Drawings and 16 pages of parts. Hand drawn for the Hobby-Machinist Die Filer.

102_0883 (700 x 465).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is one small shop area Pontiac Freak.
I hope you are skinny to slide around that Mill to get to everything behind it.
I definitely would have a problem in that small a space.
I am 6'3" 280 lbs.
My basement shop area is 24 x 30 and I still have problems getting around in it sometimes.
I guess that means I have too many tools.
You're saying, "Never too many tools" . I know, but I have some old woodworking tools I hardly ever use but hate to move them out to the garage. As soon as I do that, I'd need one and it's too cold to go out there to use them.
Wife says I need to rearrange stuff. I get started trying to make some room in one area and then it just gets crowded in another.
Never ending battle.
I told her I could knock out one wall and expand into the family room area. She just gives me that look. You know the one.

Spending more cash, the shop furnace finally took a dump due to being over worked with this global warming. So a new one, unreal how small they now are. Although I do not agree with flashing lights and digi readouts, but this thing rocks. Beckett burner is as big as a coffee can.

That is one small shop area Pontiac Freak.
I hope you are skinny to slide around that Mill to get to everything behind it.
I definitely would have a problem in that small a space.
I am 6'3" 280 lbs.
My basement shop area is 24 x 30 and I still have problems getting around in it sometimes.
I guess that means I have too many tools.
You're saying, "Never too many tools" . I know, but I have some old woodworking tools I hardly ever use but hate to move them out to the garage. As soon as I do that, I'd need one and it's too cold to go out there to use them.
Wife says I need to rearrange stuff. I get started trying to make some room in one area and then it just gets crowded in another.
Never ending battle.
I told her I could knock out one wall and expand into the family room area. She just gives me that look. You know the one.

Skinny? Havent been accused of that for 15 years or better :) The shop is a 8x20' shippping container that I put in the back yard. Fits the city code, painted on the outside to match the house so nobody notices. I find new ways to store the tools as they do see to keep accumulating!

Back