2016 POTD Thread Archive

Long overdue, I FINALLY installed the monitor bracket I made for the mills cnc monitor, I also finally installed all the control electronics onto a sub panel, I'm going to build an enclosure with wood for now, I may update when I get another servo drive for 3rd axis. It's pretty sweet to finally get to this point, still alot of work left tho
The monitor swivels so you point the screen at you wherever the arm may be, the part the monitor sits on is machined on the inside for the switches
20160419_052609.jpg 20160419_015247.jpg

I re made the collet chuck today. It came out perfect. I left the half nuts engaged, but am going to experiment with engaging on the same number all the time. It worked yesterday but was it a fluke? We shall find out.

View attachment 127266
I finished the spanner wrench for the ER 40 collet chuck I made today.
finished spanner wrench.jpg

This last week or so I have completed several projects. The bending brake is done, the collet chuck is done, the tool and cutter grinder is the only one left and it is waiting on materials from China to finish it. I think I am starting to panic and go into machinist's withdrawal because of no active projects. So I decided to start a 3 inch chop saw for cutting drills, end mills, lathe bits and such. I have needed one quite often lately ....so it is time to build one. I went to Harbor Freight today and got a air powered 3 inch cut off tool for $10. it will be thee heart of the cut off tool and this will be a nice item to use along with the tool and cutter grinder I'm building. I'll start a project thread for this saw.

Isn't that one of those new fuseable links like they use in Autos.

Fusible links, meh... should have used something Darwinian[1], .308 Winchester might be a bit too short, .50 BMG perhaps?

Dave H. (the other one)

[1] *failed (almost removed himself from the breeding gene pool)* Darwin award, guy who put a .38 special in his truck after the headlight fuse blew... under-dash fuse block, guess where it was pointed - only lost one though!

I didnt make it today, but Just found this thread and thought I would make a humble contribution. My first attempt at a bolt knob for my R700 trued up and chambered in 6.5CM by LRI. I got confused and turned the cross feed the wrong way which is why I am missing about 1/4 " but I am still happy with the results for a first attempt. I plan on making a few knobs for it along with the QCTP, my Dillon and RCBS press as well.

7CGVeFM.jpg
jdnC9D0.jpg

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

Been busy with different projects in the shop as well as domestic chores, nothing "trick"or worth sharing. But with the recent earthquakes around the Pacific region, California's private sector is requesting Rescue litters for local sales/availability. State government (CA) has well over 80+ units purchased back in early 2000's after anti terror funds where made available. Now it seems "The Big one" has them wanting more. These last three units where all I had left in inventory so I need to get busy on building more. Time to dust off the jigs.
The end products are sand blasted and powered coated for a visible and durable finish. Over 1800 units inservice and all built in the old attached garage (1300sf). I'm looking forward to the next batch in the newer 3200 sf shop. At least I won't have to work outside this summer and Swampzilla is ready for service so I don't get grumpy haha.
Spent a couple of hours working with wood to ready order for shipment.
RescuExpress Home
IMG_1568.JPG IMG_1567.JPG

I didnt make it today, but Just found this thread and thought I would make a humble contribution. My first attempt at a bolt knob for my R700 trued up and chambered in 6.5CM by LRI. I got confused and turned the cross feed the wrong way which is why I am missing about 1/4 " but I am still happy with the results for a first attempt. I plan on making a few knobs for it along with the QCTP, my Dillon and RCBS press as well.

7CGVeFM.jpg
jdnC9D0.jpg
Did you thread the bolt handle or send it out ? This is on my list to tackle .
I like the brass in the end of the handle .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

Did you thread the bolt handle or send it out ? This is on my list to tackle .
I like the brass in the end of the handle .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I originally had a badger bolt knob on there long before I owned the lathe. So it was originally threaded by a gunsmith. But lots of you tube videos of how to DIY using and angle grinder, die, and some bondo/ epoxy if needed.

7CGVeFM.jpg
jdnC9D0.jpg
Is that a live primer in the cartridge or a facsimile?

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

7CGVeFM.jpg

jdnC9D0.jpg

Back