2016 POTD Thread Archive

firestopper,
I had previously seen many of your posts and recall pictures of bent tubes stacked.
I understood that they were parts you had made, but I had no idea what the product was or that it was your product.
You last post and the link to RescuExpress.com makes it all clear.

Bowing to your accomplishments seems to be my current exercise routine. You continue to be an inspiration.

I was a design professional and I see quite a number of thoughtful, intelligent features in that cart.
My hat's off to you again for being in a position to respond to a need at a time when the market was (is) ready to buy.
Great job. :aok: :clapping:

Did you thread the bolt handle or send it out ? This is on my list to tackle .
I like the brass in the end of the handle .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

For the bolt threads, I turn a threaded stud (5/16-18) with a .150" shaft to press into the bolt after the knob is cut and milled/drilled, then tig weld and blend. How are you guys doing these without super complicated setups?
IMG_0185.JPG IMG_0189.JPG IMG_0191.JPG IMG_0194.JPG IMG_0197.JPG

firestopper,
I had previously seen many of your posts and recall pictures of bent tubes stacked.
I understood that they were parts you had made, but I had no idea what the product was or that it was your product.
You last post and the link to RescuExpress.com makes it all clear.

Bowing to your accomplishments seems to be my current exercise routine. You continue to be an inspiration.

I was a design professional and I see quite a number of thoughtful, intelligent features in that cart.
My hat's off to you again for being in a position to respond to a need at a time when the market was (is) ready to buy.
Great job. :aok: :clapping:

Thanks man, like the saying goes, "even a blind squirrel finds a acorn". Seriously, I just really like working with my hands and head, but thanks for your kind words.
The litters was a gamble that worked out. You would cringe at my failures hahah!
Take it easy,
Paco

Due to the overwhelming response from you GREAT folks, this is becoming its own forum!

GOD BLESS YOU!!

Set of exhaust maniflds for a mid 70s Kawasaki H2 750 that has FPP brand expansion chambers. ( I must admit, I did purchase the springs and SHCS :lmao: )

Look like old fashion bed springs to me :apple: . Nice work

I added one of those tachs you get from Ebay onto my lathe. Interesting to see the tach numbers are higher than what the chart says.

I noticed that myself when I added mine to my Craftsman. I tried it in different positions and spacing. Still reads the same.
Higher than the chart says.

I noticed that myself when I added mine to my Craftsman. I tried it in different positions and spacing. Still reads the same.
Higher than the chart says.

You could always confirm the RPM's with a laser tachometer and a piece of reflective tape. I use this method to set RPM on the large swamp cooler for optimal CFM's. I plan on doing this very soon to confirm my recently added lathe tach.

finished up MkII of my lathe countershaft, chasing vibrations. MkIII will involve a multi-V pulley, but I have to turn a hub for the countershaft pulley as the original bore on the treadmill roller was pretty big. Looking forward to getting the original flywheel back on my treadmill motor, mostly for the extra mass and smoothness.

IMG_4773.JPG IMG_4774.JPG

For the bolt threads, I turn a threaded stud (5/16-18) with a .150" shaft to press into the bolt after the knob is cut and milled/drilled, then tig weld and blend. How are you guys doing these without super complicated setups?
View attachment 127424 View attachment 127425 View attachment 127426 View attachment 127427 View attachment 127428

Thanks for showing how you attach your bolt handles I was planning on using the mill then tapping . This might be a reason to buy a tig machine ?

Back