2016 POTD Thread Archive

I have no idea what happened with the pictures. I have been having issues tonight with this puter. I tried to go back and edit it and keep getting an error message.this picture got lost in the translation I guess.

IMG_4385.jpeg

Sorry.

Jack

Lol @ John hasler, in the photo it clearly shows the Norton paper blotter on the wheel while mounted to the spindle. But good point to bring up to the rooks

Paper blotter is used so that the metal washers don't vibrate into the wheel causing a catostrauphic failure and potentially harmful situation

Interesting...good thing I read this before starting on a set of washers/bushings for my bench grinder! Thanks for the info.

I hope you still have a plastic or paper washer in there.
I understand. I check the paper every time I have to take the wheels off a grinder. If they are damaged or worn badly, I replace with heavy paper of some sort. I learned that from wet grinding parts many years ago in a fabrication shop.

Glad you posted this. I wasn't aware of the paper issue and made similar washers and bushings to help my unbalanced grinding wheels. I will double check and make sure there is paper on the wheels.

I keep a few well used manila file folders on hand to make replacement blotters. Cereal boxes are good too, 20# bond just won't do.

Nice work on the grinder Jack.

Back