2016 POTD Thread Archive

Tools seem to be getting wet lately, there must be a hole in the roof of the shop. I'll have to get up there and see if I can patch it. Today I just took this picture for assessment.

25199627115_1b06cf29cc.jpg

Might be a humidity problem....

Looks like the last motel I stayed in when visiting a client in south Texas....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can fix anything with enough duct tape. (doesn't work I tried)

Going to need more than a tube of silicone to fix that leak. :)

This hand crank was a little small and needed two hands to turn it so I decided to move the knob out about 3" by adding a flat bar bolted to the face.
Original.jpg
After I removed it I thought it was kind of a nice crank and I could probably use it for another project so I will make a new crank.

I didn't start out to make anything fancy or elaborate just a larger crank to make the job easier.

I don't know when or how this happened.

It just grew and changed and changed.

Result.jpg
Honest I did not intend to make a 6 spooked, crystal tipped, 9", bank vault handle.
IT JUST HAPPENED !!

Ray

Honest I did not intend to make a 6 spooked, crystal tipped, 9", bank vault handle.
IT JUST HAPPENED !!

Ray

It looks pretty cool. I'd like to see what it looks like mounted on the machine. Some of my machines could use some new handles. You got me thinking about being a little artistic when I go to replace them. :grin:

IT JUST HAPPENED !!
If I'd 'a done it, the tips would probably have been Goodwill golf balls. Looks pretty nice with the crystal. Acrylic?

Back