2017 POTD Thread Archive

That bike is awesome. Even a pro enthusiast (for lack of a better definition) could never find all of the custom touches of yours as there are so many and they all look factory. Truly a beautiful, custom, hand crafted machine.

Really nice work on the clutch setup. The sprocket change should give you some added grunt to match the scrambler theme. Cheers, Mike

Woe is me. One of my greatest fears has metabolized in the shop. My Grizzly G 0619 Deluxe small mill controller seems to have bitten the dirt. I turned it on today and the green light came on but no info on the LCD screen or response of any of the buttons.

Its black box innards are a complete mystery to me. I can open it up, but my efforts won't be much more effective than smelling of the parts and chewing on a couple things. Maybe my cat can figure it out.

I guess I'll try to give Grizzly support a call to try to figure out what to do next. Hopefully, parts for its innards are still available. They still sell that mill.

This is something that gave me concern when I got it, that it depends on computer controls. It seemed inevitable that something would go haywire with them, as it seems to have.

Durn, Franko ... truly a bummer. I sincerely hope that the motto you have at the bottom of your post is not applicable in this case.

PS - Just because similar cases have sprung up in other threads recently ... is there any chance your swarf shield is interlocked and is either out of position or has a defective switch?????

I made an end mill saver. :)
I hate the fact that my draw bar releases things really quickly. Especially the 1/2 end mill holder. As soon as it loosens it also releases and drops.
To save the endmills I cobbled together some closed cell foam from some packing, used double stick tape, and cut up those refrig magnets you get with everything.
Now I can attach it to the side of the mill, and when I need to release a holder, or mill in a collet... I just put it on.. nothing impressive, just thought the idea was good enough to share. not pretty either..
SDC11920.JPG SDC11922.JPG SDC11923.JPG SDC11924.JPG SDC11925.JPG

I finally fired up the foundry for the first time and proceeded to make some Chevy positions into a 4"x6" billit.20170501_133557.jpg
This has been faced, turned, center drilled, and parted into 2 wheels that will be the idler wheels for a belt grinder.
Melting aluminum is AWSOME!

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I'm guessing pistons, I hate it when these things change your words ,wonder what type al they are ?.

I'm guessing pistons, I hate it when these things change your words ,wonder what type al they are ?.

Thats funny! I actually read pistons the first time. I guess my mind works in "autocorrect", but then again I can't spell very well heheh.

I read it as pistons and never would have noticed if it wasn't pointed out.

How big is your forge to melt that much aluminum at once? Pistons aren't small chunks.

In the recent past, I had seen an exercise where the first and last letters of a word were intact but the letters in the middle were scrambled. It was interesting as to how readable it was.

I used to use a cast iron bean pot for a crucible. I could fill two large juice cans in a single pour.

Back