2017 - The Original "What Did You Buy Today?" Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting on the surgeon for all the preadmitance cks, and I hope he just tells me to go to Jefferson , see him on Aug 3 , waiting on them we could have another child. Last September I started jumping thru hoops to get this far. Therapy epidural shots.
I was just talking to my friend about epidural shots. I thought they were short term (like for child birth), he told me there are epidurals that can last a long time. I hope you get it done soon and get out of pain.

Finally fully recovered from my surgeries. But being out of commission just gave me more time to spend money. So I'm just now getting around to post what came in during that time.

Ebay score, practically brand new 1" Mitu micrometer. I've always wanted an all satin chrome micrometer.
download

Ebay, 4" & 6" Mitu straight edges.
download

Ebay flash sale 70 new Korloy inserts. With the sale, came out to $1.24 per insert & that's including shipping!
download

Headstock MT center adapter from Z Live Center. I never knew they started selling these. They claim .0002" runout & that's exactly what I measured. The one that came with my lathe wasn't very nice & more importantly it has .003" runout. They first sent me a standard MT5-MT3 sleeve, told me to just keep it & sent me out the correct part.
download

2" Mitu dial indicator Not sure why but I was obsessed at replacing my generic import 2" DI although I haven't used it ever since I got a DRO. Purchased brand new from a 3rd party Amazon seller for cheaper than what they sell for used on ebay & my brother got himself a 2" import DI now.
download

Another ebay flash sale. MT5 test bar.
download

download

Wen bench grinder stands. Just cheap import but not too bad. Needs some minor mods to be more rigid like I want but for just over $25 ea shipped I can't complain. I purchased 2 of them. Better than the ones sold at HF.
20170630_205530-800x564-jpg.236650

Geez, I must have missed when you posted that you were in for surgery.
Which one is the one you are using the short one? If it is, the short one, question, will that reduce the stick out on your center out the spindle? My MT3 centers stick so far out only the dogs with very long legs reach the dog drive plate. I was wondering if a sleeve w/o a back would move it back further..

NICE HAUL..

Headstock MT center adapter from Z Live Center. I never knew they started selling these. They claim .0002" runout & that's exactly what I measured. The one that came with my lathe wasn't very nice & more importantly it has .003" runout. They first sent me a standard MT5-MT3 sleeve, told me to just keep it & sent me out the correct part.
download

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, I must have missed when you posted that you were in for surgery.
Which one is the one you are using the short one? If it is, the short one, question, will that reduce the stick out on your center out the spindle? My MT3 centers stick so far out only the dogs with very long legs reach the dog drive plate. I was wondering if a sleeve w/o a back would move it back further..

NICE HAUL..

Thanks. Yeah I didn't really "announce" it anywhere, I think I only mentioned it in a post somewhere like once or something.

Yes it's the short one which are meant for headstock/spindle use. I have no use for the standard larger sleeve that they sent me by accident. I have not tried it but I already know it will stick out too far. I'll probably sell it on ebay some day.

Years ago I had a bright idea of just using a MT5 center in my spindle instead of the headstock center adapter. I quickly found out why these headstock adapters exist. The MT5 stuck out way to far to be used with my drive plate & off the shelf dogs.

I can't find the original post but it looks like I did talk about it again here in this very thread. Post #192

I was just talking to my friend about epidural shots. I thought they were short term (like for child birth), he told me there are epidurals that can last a long time. I hope you get it done soon and get out of pain.
The epidural shots did nothing for pain.

NICE HAUL..
Did you mean MT5 centers?

Just curious, did anyone find any DEALS on Amazon today for PRIME Day related to machining? Related to anything?

Just curious, did anyone find any DEALS on Amazon today for PRIME Day related to machining? Related to anything?

Not me. Everytime I look at Prime deals I don't really find anything. Once I bought something thinking it was a good deal. 3 weeks later that same item was sold for less than what I paid on Prime day.

But while talking about Amazon, those Wen bench grinder stands are back in stock this morning for $24.76 free shipping for Prime members.

My brother sent me this last night, I thought it was pretty funny.

IMG_0664-800x600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back