300 blackout

Thank you Lanham, that's a great price. The more I learn about the 300, the more I like it. I built a precision .223 (EBR) a few years ago for target and predators, and I love it. Scarey accurate, but at 10 pounds its not a good carry rifle. The 300 will satisfy the larger game hunting and fun requirements. Are you using a form tool for the chamber? Are you making one, or do you have a source?

Tom

Last edited:
Tom,

im still looking for a source for the reamer, midway is out but can back order if necessary. Also, got 3more 300 and 1 5.56 barrel and my reloaded in. The dies are on back order.

lanham

image.jpg

Lanham, these folks seem highly regarded (chamber reamers, roughers, range rods, etc.):
http://www.pacifictoolandgauge.com/pdf/ptg_catalog_08.pdf

My reloader is the lowly Lee Anniversary model. I also use a Casemate case prep tool. Been very happy with the results from both. I had no idea careful attention to internal ballistics and component matching could yield such dramatic results, but tailored loads really do make a world of difference.

Tom

I've got that same Hornady Lock-n-Load progressive reloader and it's worked pretty good for me. Unfortunately I broke it in the move up to Montana, but they have a 100% hassle free warranty and a reputation for having a great Customer Service department. If you break anything on the press (even if it's your fault) they'll replace the damaged parts for free for life. I chose the Hornady over the Dillon presses since the Dillons had a quite few more small plastic parts built into them. The Hornady is built with mostly cast metal parts except for a couple sliding pieces like in the shell positioning shuttle or the primer loading tube where metal on metal wouldn't be a great idea.

In their defense though, The Dillon presses also have a 100% warranty and a good CS department reputation like the Hornady, so even if those plastic parts do fail, you can get them replaced without too much hassle (other than the downtime while it's broke).

thanks both for the info. I have been looking at pacific tool for a bit and like the rep they have. I will probably place an order with them in the future

lanham

I like what I've read about the .300 Blackout but the one major criticism that gives me a bit of pause is that the round is fairly "dirty". If that's the case, I'm curious if you guys are planning on using the traditional gas system or maybe try and go with a piston setup.

Thanks,

-Ron

It's been a while and I'm just starting to make progress, just a few pics. I started a thread on a gun forum where I live hoping to make acquaintances local to me but not working out. T contoured and chambered on my pm 1236 and hopefully will thread on my small cnc lathe, I'm having trouble figuring out mach3. I will post a video in the cnc section if anyone has recommendations

lanham

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg
I scored about 120 pounds of wheel weights from a local place that I have been melting down, I plan on making bool it's for the 300 blk, I have two molds but am waiting on funds for a bottom pour pot

lanham

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks for posting Please post how you chamber the barrel and your lead bullet findings. One thing I found is the 300 is so much fun you will go broke buying bullets. There are no cheap heavy bullets.

The build looks good! The 300 blackout is a great caliber.

The 300 is a fun gun, especially with a can and subs. Is that an old viper chamber fixture you are using to chamber with?

Back