300 blackout

I love my 300 BO. Got the barrel at a blem sale, the rest was all standard AR stuff. I even got the dies really cheap on line. I'm interested to see how the lead bullets work out in the DI system. That's all I plan to run through mine due to cost. 30 cal lead is still pretty inexpensive. I also like the pistol config. Do you plan to use a Sig brace in the future? I didn't like them at first, but all the comment I've seen online seem to praise the brace. So I'm rethinking my pistol build as well.

I suppose you plan to run reloads mostly as well? Factory ammo is pretty pricey. Please share your experience with the loads as you go. I'm still looking for some good sub-sonic loads for mine. (Georgia just passed the suppressed hunting law.)

Also, nice set-up on the spider. Please post more progress pics of the build if you have them.

Last edited:
I suppose you plan to run reloads mostly as well? Factory ammo is pretty pricey. Please share your experience with the loads as you go. I'm still looking for some good sub-sonic loads for mine. (Georgia just passed the suppressed hunting law.)

I've seen reference to 300 whisper. Is this just 300 blackout subsonic? Or something entirely different?

Karl

Hello Karl. I think they are the same cartridge dimensionally. IIRC, one has SAAMI credentials and one doesn't. Don't remember which is which, but if I had to guess, I'd say the BO was the SAAMI cartridge.

Maybe too late for you, but I was in the Cabelas in Columbus Ohio last week and they had a few bags of new 300blk. didn't pay much attention since those aren't my bag, but if you want new, there is a source for you.

Back