5 Minute Jet Project

Just wondering what you did to prep the surface?

Hand grinded old paint by 60 paper and fixed dents and scars with filler (Plastic Padding fine-filler, easy to sand). Then 60 paper again all the way up to 1000 grit. Thereafter one layer primer and two layer black without any sanding between the layers. Ready and the surface is as shown in the pic and no after-polishing. I'll probably never use 1-component spray again after getting this result with 2k.

Hand grinded old paint by 60 paper and fixed dents and scars with filler (Plastic Padding fine-filler, easy to sand). Then 60 paper again all the way up to 1000 grit. Thereafter one layer primer and two layer black without any sanding between the layers. Ready and the surface is as shown in the pic and no after-polishing. I'll probably never use 1-component spray again after getting this result with 2k.
Can you share the brand of paint you used?

is the two pack an isocyanate? I loved the finish of that but a tad risky to spray or should I say breathe

So both components mix inside the can? I don't recall seeing that brand locally

edit: Ah. Canada

Yes, there is a pushbutton on the bottom of the can that is used to release the hardener into the paint.

Last edited:
Back