727V X Powerfeed Install Issue

If you can get it to work by drilling new mounting holes, just do that.

You're better off with the clutch inside the unit as now you can do your mods without screwing up the clutch. Looking at your setup it seems you installed everything right. I think your PF was made for a slightly different machine.
I think you're right. I was looking about where I might want to drill and this mark in the casting is almost dead on. Not familiar with the casting process but seems like the mold was plugged.

Attachments

• 20231225_111624.jpg
    20231225_111624.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 23
I'll take a closer look at mine when I get home tonite. It may give me a clue to your solution or it may not. Can't hurt to look.

I’ve very recently fit the same power feed to my mill. I had to make the adapters as I ordered the wrong kit, but I also had to seperate the two parts of the plates with a nut to get the correct gear engagement still.

Not sure if you can tell from post 30 here, but I used extended bolts, then added a nut, then placed the power feed plate on the bolt and then added another nut to keep it on. I’m fairly certain that makes no sense! But when I get back to my house after the Christmas break I can take some more pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve very recently fit the same power feed to my mill. I had to make the adapters as I ordered the wrong kit, but I also had to seperate the two parts of the plates with a nut to get the correct gear engagement still.

Not sure if you can tell from post 30 here, but I used extended bolts, then added a nut, then placed the power feed plate on the bolt and then added another nut to keep it on. I’m fairly certain that makes no sense! But when I get back to my house after the Christmas break I can take some more pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Only had time to scan through but it looks like you had the opposite of my problem.

I took some measurements and removed the flange from the PF and noticed that there is supposed to be 2 milled slots and they didn't quite finish. My punch actually punched right through the remaining aluminum.

Attachments

• 20231225_114951.jpg
    20231225_114951.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 20231225_115012.jpg
    20231225_115012.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 23
I took some measurements and removed the flange from the PF and noticed that there is supposed to be 2 milled slots and they didn't quite finish. My punch actually punched right through the remaining aluminum.

I had the same issue as you. I bought my power feed from ePay opened the slots and it worked out fine. It was a bit fiddly to get to run straight though. Someone here made a new end plate for their mill to mount the power feed without the bracket that goes over the end of the table but I haven't found his post.

I think you're right. I was looking about where I might want to drill and this mark in the casting is almost dead on. Not familiar with the casting process but seems like the mold was plugged.
Mine is bolted on about a third of the way down that slot you're pointing to. That flat part of the circle is about .125" from the cast iron of the table. Opening up the other slot is the way to go. Looks like a factory defect.

If you run across it, please post to this thread, I'd like to see it.

I also got mine running today and I'm happy with it so far, but suspect the safety/kill switch deal that keeps the PF from running the table off the mill will interfere with a vise.

If you run across it, please post to this thread, I'd like to see it.

I also got mine running today and I'm happy with it so far, but suspect the safety/kill switch deal that keeps the PF from running the table off the mill will interfere with a vise.
Could mount it on the back side?

Back