And You Thought You Were Having A Bad Machining Day

alloy

Dan, Retired old fart
H-M Supporter Gold Member
One of our new helpers wasn't having a very good day today.

He forgot to take a Holematic bore gauge out of a bore he was measuring before hitting cycle start.

The boss was already gone for the day. I'm sure all of us will hear the yelling tomorrow morning.

These are about $4200 each.

20160210_163059.jpg cropped.jpg

No insurance like that where I work.

This is the second major incident for this guy in 6 months. He may not survive it. We are also looking to replace my helper.

He may not have any payroll to deduct it from.

OOPS! :bawling:

Seems like it's hard to find good help. On Monday I had to fix a die that was crashed by a temp. Put 3 parts in it, it's only supposed to have one at a time!:confused 3:

Last edited:
Looks like he needs to go back a few pay grades and maybe deliver pizzas for a bit to get his head straight. Those kind of mistakes aren't tolerable with any frequency what so ever.

Looks like he needs to go back a few pay grades and maybe deliver pizzas for a bit to get his head straight. Those kind of mistakes aren't tolerable with any frequency what so ever.
Just so he can make a $15 minimum wage. ;) NOT! Send him back to the farm I worked when young. Old Charlie paid $0.01 per bunch of radishes. $0.05 per pound of green beans and $1.00 per hour when dusting or picking the corn fields. Taught me how to work for sure.:pickaxe:

Back