Angle Plate

Looks like my camera didn't die completely and turned off just in time :biggrin:

[video=youtube;oAo-AXfjFLE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAo-AXfjFLE[/video]

Nice work Andre. I haven't done any scraping since I retired , but I enjoyed doing it. Your project has inspired me to try a small scraping project. Scraping is a dying art and I'm pleased to see you doing it. Keep up the great work.

Mark

:thumbzup3:

Nice work Andre. I haven't done any scraping since I retired , but I enjoyed doing it. Your project has inspired me to try a small scraping project. Scraping is a dying art and I'm pleased to see you doing it. Keep up the great work.

Mark

:thumbzup3:

Thank you very much, Mark!

I'm actually rescraping the ways on my Craftsman 109.....would you like to see the process?

Long time no update....sorry!!!

Got both faces scraped in, and the ends to .0005" (At most) tolerance. Not inspection grade by faaaaaaar, but for squaring the end of a block on the surface grinder or for layout work it should do the trick!!!
I built this for a reason, that toolmakers square I built a long time ago never got ground.....now I have a grinder I will do just that, but I needed a square reference block to grind the square square. Learned a lot about pull scraping and squaring scraped objects, step scraping and trying to not create a low spot was sometimes tricky. Not Ulma Doctor good but it's acceptable in my shop :)

Back