Another Cannon

Ipeedin, that is a great looking cannon. After showing my 6 year old grandson both of your cannon threads, I could nor resist in modifying a 50 year inherited toy iron cannon that I got from my father. It was only bored in 2" and the fuse hole was 1/4" in deep on the 6" barrel. I re-bored the barrel to the fuse hole, added 15 grain of black powder with a tight paper wad and impressed my grandson with a lot of smoke and flash. My daughter would of killed us if she saw what we were doing.
The trunions were welded to the barrel. I am a little nervous about the recoil in shooting a .5" steel ball from this cannon.

Love it. Looks like you have the tools to build one from scratch - go for it. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Love it. Looks like you have the tools to build one from scratch - go for it. :)
Thanks, I have the tools but don't have the time. What can we expect for your next cannon project? Are you Going to follow Cactus Farmer's foot steps and build a 20" 20 pounder? :encourage: I have been dreaming of building one for the last 30+ years. Thanks for the inspiration guys. Bob

A little destruction
c8e5c2211d9763e1af934e0735587ab0.jpg
9bb456e42540ed2ae3daec75fd4440dd.jpg

Great shot....need to see more videos.
When are we going to see that 20 pounder in action?

This is my version. Button inside house, LP Gas and 15 cfm blower.
8' barrel schedule 120 8" pipe with 5" bore. Great door bell!
Neighbor 5 miles away expect me to announce the opening of Deer season!

RCA_0153.JPG

I wish I had not seen this, now it will haunt me for years. I was going to make one years ago 30+ and the wife changed my mind. I do not know if I can resist it this time, old age does not mean we make all wise decisions. I know I will be in trouble. Keep up the nice work and I'll try not to visit too often.
Cheers

I wish I had not seen this, now it will haunt me for years. I was going to make one years ago 30+ and the wife changed my mind. I do not know if I can resist it this time, old age does not mean we make all wise decisions. I know I will be in trouble. Keep up the nice work and I'll try not to visit too often.
Cheers

My wife keeps nixing my attempts to get cannons, gatling guns, and a "pill-box" for our front yard/porch. She always says something about me being too anti-social to begin with... ;)

I'll will at least make myself a cannon one of these days, just need a bit bigger lathe.

-Ron

A neighbor of mine has a blueberry farm, he has a propane cannon that is on a motion detector. I was thinking about making something in the same fashion. Make up a rotary cylinder as it turns on-off gas and sparks and ignitor. Just a noise maker!

Made this one a while back it shoots wine corks, the trunnion clamps into a groove

image.jpeg It can shoot straight up to

image.jpegNot quite as fancy but I had some spare powder to use up.

Back