Another Cannon

I like it, nice job. You'll are feeding the flame.

A simple cannon but cool none the less. :eagerness:

A neighbor of mine has a blueberry farm, he has a propane cannon that is on a motion detector. I was thinking about making something in the same fashion. Make up a rotary cylinder as it turns on-off gas and sparks and ignitor. Just a noise maker!

I'd have to make a non-firing cannon and use sensors and electronics so that it would "follow" the movements of anyone walking by. Hmmm, now that I think about it, my wife may be right, I am a bit of a "sick puppy" :p :D

-Ron

I'd have to make a non-firing cannon and use sensors and electronics so that it would "follow" the movements of anyone walking by. Hmmm, now that I think about it, my wife may be right, I am a bit of a "sick puppy" :p :D

Make one with a camera in the bore

I drove truck over the road for 6 1/2 years and that was my handle on the CB radio. Sick Puppy
Cheers

Nice! I love cannons. I build recreation medieval ones. Here's a pic of my most recent one. A 6" caliber mortar. Breech was turned from 4140 6" dia x 8" long rod, heat fit 4" deep into main tube, then pinned in six places and welded along exterior interface. Powder chamber is 2" x 3". Min tube is lined oilfield equipment component (2" thick 4130 steel with hardened 1/4" stainless liner). Trunnions are a solid 3" mild steel rod welded to the rear of the breechblock. We fire 6" x 6" concrete slugs a few hundred yards (bottom half of windshield wiper fluid jugs filled with concrete and cured fit perfect).

canon 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back