[Lathe] Antique lathe identification

I just received an old book called "Practical Lessons in Metal Turning and Screw Cutting" by Percival Marshall. It was printed in England but no printing date or copyright is to be found. There is a photo of a typical small screw cutting lathe which closely matches the one in question.P1140647.JPG

unfortunately no maker is given. There are some details about the lathe, including the fact that the cone pulley is made with grooves to use round gut belting, and was originally treadle powered.
All the lathe turning tools illustrated in the book are hand forged, no HSS tooling is shown, if that gives any indication of the age of the book. I can post more details if anyone is interested.
Peter

one other detail I noticed in the book's description applies to the stud that is shown in your photo, held in a notch on the left side of the headstock casting. In your photo the stud protrudes to the right and passes in front of the pulley grooves. In the book, The notch is labeled as the "reversing wheel bracket" and would hold a stud carrying an extra gear to reverse direction of the leadscrew. Obviously, the stud would be mounted facing left.
Peter

Back