Been relatively quiet here the last couple of months.

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I would expect that the basement guys are busy, but very little.
I am sure I am missing many posts, as I have been busy but not as much machining.
much more woodworking. and now the weather is starting to turn, so time to get the outdoor projects going.

just saying... hoping to see more of you guys getting work done and the chatter. I know I miss many posts and then go hey, I didn't see that.

I started the winter, cleaning and reorganizing my shop. I decided to add some new electrical circuits, which lead to discovering a mess of old wiring atrocities and now I am rewiring most of the house...

I started the winter, cleaning and reorganizing my shop. I decided to add some new electrical circuits, which lead to discovering a mess of old wiring atrocities and now I am rewiring most of the house...
I can appreciate that, as I have much of the same.

I've been doing a big clean-up as well. In the process of retiring (still) and have decades worth of mostly electrical and electronic stuff. Much of it is the type of stuff that is too much trouble to try to sell but it pains me to just toss it. Once progress is made though, I feel better. Less clutter, less searching for that "thing I know I have somewhere". I've donated some to local schools but what they can use is really limited.

I'm putting off putting a new ceiling and insulation in my shop. It is easily the best improvement I can make but actually putting up sheet rock and insulation in a completely full shop gives me nightmares. I really should get it done though so I can heat the thing better.

I've been growing into a new job. Plus, I don't like a cold shop, everything hurts more than it should. Oh, and I've been playing a video game (Starfield) a little too much, as is known to happen with Bethesda games (Skyrim, Fallout). Yep, I got excuses. I can't wait to get in the shop and roll up the door in a few more weeks. The space heater on the mill table just ain't helping.

Been cutting end of year firewood. People always want to give me firewood, which I appreciate, but when I don’t need it or otherwise busy. My F350 firewood truck has not run since the -11 degree snow storm. Replaced a bunch of components, found both in tank fuel pumps were bad. Long way from the shop. Spent several days on the wet ground dropping the tanks. Pump 1 went in OK, pump 2 was 2 inches too long, supposed to pick up pump 3 today. Pump 1 was $150, pump 2 was $230, can’t wait to get price on pump 3.:If the river was not a mile away I would push it in.

Back