[How do I?] Bending 5/15" solid rod

You can expand on that concept a hair by adding a dog or latch point after a portion of the curve. In use you slip the leading end into the latch, do your first pull to bend, but then instead of removing the rod you just advance it in the latch and do your next pull, rinse, repeat. Here’s one I made moons ago for bending frames for Christmas wreaths. Slightly overkill on the construction but you see the idea. I could clamp the whole thing in a bench vise and in five or six pills would bend the entire circle.

1652301737714.jpeg

You can expand on that concept a hair by adding a dog or latch point after a portion of the curve. In use you slip the leading end into the latch, do your first pull to bend, but then instead of removing the rod you just advance it in the latch and do your next pull, rinse, repeat. Here’s one I made moons ago for bending frames for Christmas wreaths. Slightly overkill on the construction but you see the idea. I could clamp the whole thing in a bench vise and in five or six pills would bend the entire circle.

View attachment 406776
That's brilliant, thanks Frank!

Back