Bridgeport 6F power feed lead screw

well, I just talked to Allen on the phone (thanks for the link, his number was included). He is supposedly sending me the correct one. He also indicated not to worry about sending the other one back. Ok, if this all comes to pass, I can't fault the guy if he makes it right.

I hope you make out with him, but you can always complain to Ebay or Paypal if not.

4ssss, thanks, and I agree. If the correct feed screw shows up, then I'll close the return case. If it doesn't, then Paypal can give me my $$$ back. Either way, I win.

I would strongly recommend when you receive that feed screw you check it with the three wire method (a flange mike would be handy to have). Especially in the center. A worn out feed screw is no better than one the wrong size…Dave

I would strongly recommend when you receive that feed screw you check it with the three wire method (a flange mike would be handy to have). Especially in the center. A worn out feed screw is no better than one the wrong size…Dave
Agreed. Worst case, I have a potential donor in the wrong one he sent. I can certainly chuck that up in the lathe and make one. The one he did send me was in pretty good shape. I didn't mic it, but overall wear pattern on it appears negligible.

Cool, Tom, last thing you need is more hassle after the electrical hassle.
Mark S.

Amen, Mark, Amen. Ebay just sent me a notice with a tracking number. The replacement lead screw seems to be on it's way and should be here on Monday. Again, if this all works out, then I can say nothing bad about the guy. He made a mistake, and he corrected it (pending). You can't ask for more than that.......Lord knows I have made enough mistakes in my life...........

I only had one bad experience with Ebay- before I even bought the item!
Blocked for asking too many questions! I posted about it some time ago
M

I just got back home from being on the road. Waiting for me was the correct leadscrew AND it is in great condition with very little wear. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but Allen made this right. again, other's may have had issue, but this guy made it right, and did it quickly. I'll try to get it installed over the weekend. I need to catch up on "honey doo" things after being gone for 4 days......................

Back