Considering Selling My Lathe Would Like Opinions Please.

If the headstock was originally for babbit bearings, it would have bearing caps and two screws on both ends. If it doesn't have them on the left end, then it didn't originally have them on the right. I cannot imagine any beneficial purpose for them. Another point is that Sears never sold a machine with babbit bearings and 3/4" dia. lead screw (and power cross feed).

Well the QCGB doesn't match the color scheme of the lathe and it definitely never had Babbitt bearings. I just wasn't sure if there was some type of option for something I'm not aware of at some point to have those bolts in the forward bearing cap. I realize it isn't a cap as its all one cast piece is just don't know what else to refer to it as. I upped my offer by 50$ and he said he has to touch base with another seller. I'm just afraid there's more modified parts then what I can see right now.

Regards-Carlo

OK. Did you take any photos of the lathe? If you did and you haven't decided to drop it, create an album (with the same name as the subject of this thread) and upload them.

I'm going to drop it. I found another lathe locally and purchased it. However it's a southbend. So onto the southbend section I go

Regards-Carlo

Yeah I'm going to need it he still will not answer his phone or return my calls. I would've rather had the craftsmen to be honest.

Regards-Carlo

Well, don't burn your bridges, then. Meaning don't call up the Atlas seller and tell him you are out of it until you are certain that you really are.

If you do have photos of the headstock, I'm curious to see those bolts near the right spindle bearing area whether you buy it or not.

Well, don't burn your bridges, then. Meaning don't call up the Atlas seller and tell him you are out of it until you are certain that you really are.

If you do have photos of the headstock, I'm curious to see those bolts near the right spindle bearing area whether you buy it or not.
I really wish I had taken pictures when I was there. I doubt he'll call me back as its been 3 days and not a word.

Regards-Carlo

sorry to jump in but what is a QCGB?
am new to machining and still trying to learn.
thanks

Back