De-cluttering & Attempting To Organize

middle.road

Granite Stoopid...
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Year end motivation or something. Seeing the picts of other shop spaces with everything so nice
and organized, and benches where you can actually see the tops...
Clearing out and cleaning up. Going through stuff, some of which has been packed away for years.
Too much stuff - too many projects.

Need to ease up on collecting drill chucks, or at least get pickier in what I go after.
P1080302r.jpg P1080303r.jpg
-----------------------------------------
Anyone ever use taps and dies _this_ small? These we stashed away in a box from an auction years ago.
0-80, 1-64, 1-72, 2-56, 2-64, 3-48, 3-56. 5-44? A few Left-Handers, 6-40 and up.
I've used 0-80 & 2-56 before. Now I can barely make out the teeth with the aid of a magnifier.
P1080327.JPG
If anyone ever needs a taper pin reamer --- give me a shout. Wish one of them were a #3 MT so that I
could clean up my tail stock... -hehe
P1080291r.jpg
Forgot I had scored these this summer. Had them double wrapped in a box that was then stashed within
a box of stuff that my Better Half had bought.
Stanley 8"er. Needs a bit of attention.
P1080323.JPG

I would be interested in the Stanley level and one of the keyless chucks if they are for sale.

Dan, are you looking to sell these items? You might want to start a thread in the for sale section.
Some of them I'll be peddling. The chucks I wanted to put out there since it seems that we have a number of folks rebuilding
older drill presses and such and there's a few oddball chucks in there in case someone needs one.
Some of them need some TLC and cleaning. The '33' in the lower left corner needs to go to someone who would like
the challenge of rebuilding it. If anyone see anything of interest - give a shout out.
A couple in the upper right hand corner go on the Logan.
I went through the shop and all my boxes downstairs last night and gathered them together and when I laid them out
I stood back with a beverage in my hand and muttered to myself, "Self, I said, you've got a problem..."

I also put the small taps & dies out there to see if anyone could use those. It's been a long time since I used anything smaller
than a #4-40. Heck can't focus on them now.

In regards to the reamers, my thinking was how often or how much does one use or need a Taper Pin reamer.
Again, gaging interest...

Unfortunately, the levels are staying. :grin: I do believe that I'm also suffering from 'Dedicated Collector Syndrome' also.
Especially when you buy something that fine and forget that you did...

I went through my indicators this afternoon and will be tossing some of those up in a bit.
And there will be more. Some will be tool gloats, some will be looking to sell.
It's a tad ridicules the amount of stuff I've collected. Then the Missus reminded me that the Unimat is packed in a box in the
spare room ready to sold off. I had forgotten about that.

I would be interested in the Stanley level and one of the keyless chucks if they are for sale.

Which Keyless chuck KD? There's some in the gray tote from powered hand drills and some from egg-beater hand drills.

I'm in need of a good chuck. If prefer a keyless if you have one I can afford. Do you have any full sized pictures. I have poor internet & those mini pictures won't load unless I'm at work where I have faster internet.

Nice collection.
-brino

I might be able to make use of those small taps and dies, as I stumble on small projects from time to time, but I've always just taken the attitude that I will purchase the ones that I need as I need them. Currently I have 4-40 and up, as well as a 2-56 tap (no die). I don't even remember what I ever used the 2-56 tap for, I only remember that it was long ago.

Back