De-cluttering & Attempting To Organize

I might be able to make use of those small taps and dies, as I stumble on small projects from time to time, but I've always just taken the attitude that I will purchase the ones that I need as I need them. Currently I have 4-40 and up, as well as a 2-56 tap (no die). I don't even remember what I ever used the 2-56 tap for, I only remember that it was long ago.
When I was designing assembly and inspection tooling for 3.5 Hard Drives back when, I used 0-80, and 2-56 all the time.
The Machine & Tool Shop I used was a one-man shop owned by a really nice semi-retired gent.
He still had (6) BP's, (4) Lathes, Surface Grinders and such from when he ran it full time.
Anyway, he would fab up the tooling, and only drill the holes for tapping and then call me and tell me
to get my ass over there to tap the holes cause he couldn't see the bloody taps.
Now I know the feeling...

Almost like Christmas. I have a 10x10 storage room down in the basement. Last night I went looking for a box that I thought
I had that contained empty cigar boxes, storage containers and such. I actually found it. AND it was labeled 'Empty Boxes'.
Opened it and all that was in it were these:
P1080338r.jpg P1080340r.jpg P1080339r.jpg
I don't even remember them or where I got them. (That's pretty sad...)
Gonna have to research the Starrett in #2 & #3. Box says 'Center Finder' and there isn't any Starrett Nos. on it at all. Beautiful piece.

I have that same speed indicator, the black handle cracked and I made a new one from al.

That center finder looks nice, I have been trying to find one of those, and have not been able to.

If you can put a matched pair of indicators together.. I want to make a tram kit for my mill.. I'd appreciate it.

More taps (of a different size range and type)
P1080370r.jpg
That's a 1/4-20unc in the middle...
Thought I'd post here first for some laughs. 0-80 up to 2-1/8-16, 6-flute laying around...

Last edited:
Missed it by this much ||← Closest was 1-5/16-16...

Back