Delrin / Similar Sheet Stock Needed

opsoff1

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Looking for a 4" x 4" x 1/4" piece of black Delrin - or similar type material - scrap / cut off is fine - just need to be able to turn a 3.5" disc out of it.

TIA

Your choice, 4 inch diameter 1/2 inch thk OR
6 inch square 1/4 inch thk.

Check Amazon, especially if you have prime. I got a really good deal there on a 18"x36" bit of 1/2" delrin. I don't recall what I paid, but it was substantially cheaper than the usual sources.

GsT

I always bought from McMaster Carr. They seem to be competitive re: pricing but their shipping can be a killer. Another possibility would be to locate a local plastics fabricator. We bought drops from ine at a very reasonable price.

I'll check the scrap bins . I have loads of plastic hidden around this dump . :grin:

great ideas - I was perusing plastics companies ($$$) Didn't even occur to check McMaster's - their price is decent - S/H is usually steep.. Amazon is avail for $25ish and i have Prime, so it's about even.
Scrap is great too.
thank you!

Does it have to be black ? I found a piece of white scrap I could cut up if you could use it . I know I have black but it's cold outside ! :grin:

I always bought from McMaster Carr. They seem to be competitive re: pricing but their shipping can be a killer. Another possibility would be to locate a local plastics fabricator. We bought drops from ine at a very reasonable price.
actually, I find their shipping to be quite reasonable. I think it's where you are located.. Can't see your location so.... I don't know. I believe you are in Wisconsin.

actually, I find their shipping to be quite reasonable. I think it's where you are located.. Can't see your location so.... I don't know. I believe you are in Wisconsin.
I think it's changed in the last couple of years. Time was you kind of wrote a blank check for McMaster. These days you can see the shipping charges before you order, and they seem quite reasonable. That said, they may be more reasonable the closer you are to the West Coast.

GsT

Back