Delrin / Similar Sheet Stock Needed

actually, I find their shipping to be quite reasonable. I think it's where you are located.. Can't see your location so.... I don't know. I believe you are in Wisconsin.
I think it's changed in the last couple of years. Time was you kind of wrote a blank check for McMaster. These days you can see the shipping charges before you order, and they seem quite reasonable. That said, they may be more reasonable the closer you are to the West Coast.

GsT
It's been a while since I last ordered from McMC. The shipping wasn't too bad if you have a larger order but if you needed a a single item, the shipping cost could often exceed the of the item. They also would ship from multiple locations or, if there were backordered items, multiple times. Back then you didn't know what that cost would be until the final invoice(s).

I'll have to check them again. If you can see that total cost prior to placing the order, I will be more likely to use them again. It's certainly hard to beat their inventory. They have a large warehouse in the Chicago area so deliveries are usually overnight.

Check with @matthemuppet.

3 are cut to 4 x4 , 3 are a tad smaller .

Lets see ....................... :grin:

Consulting fees ....................$150 waived
Engineering fees $85 waived
Layout fees including Sharpie ink used $60 waived
Union electrician fees for extension cord installation $85 waived
Blade adjustment fees ( had to adjust blade as saw got cold $45 waived
Pre drilled holes in small pieces ( scrap ) $5 waived

:barbershop:

I have a small 4 x 4 box these all will fit into . It might cost 5-6 bucks to ship :dunno:
This was in the scrap bin if you could use them .

Attachments

• IMG_0855.JPG
    IMG_0855.JPG
    423.1 KB · Views: 50
I always bought from McMaster Carr. They seem to be competitive re: pricing but their shipping can be a killer. Another possibility would be to locate a local plastics fabricator. We bought drops from ine at a very reasonable price.
Companies of this size really cater to large outfits like in my experience elevator companies and such who don't care what the item price is just get it done, as in time is money. I needed a 100 ton hydro jack and the company didn't make a peep at the $3.500.00 price tag and I'm going back to 2004. When the little guy needs something they don't want to scare you off with the price they whack you on the shipping. For that reason I buy Delrin from e-bay.

Last edited:
I'll have to check them again. If you can see that total cost prior to placing the order, I will be more likely to use them again.
It’s on the order page now and you can see if it increases as you add things. That is really helpful to see if something is coming from a different warehouse, the shipping suddenly doubles and you know to take that item out of your cart! I also used it to see what lengths of metals to get, up to 3’ lengths are good, but if you went longer the shipping went up a lot due to the lengths. Adding two 36” lengths instead of one 72” piece was about half the shipping cost. I learned that the hard way when I ordered a bunch of 72” lengths before the shipping cost was on the order page.

Companies of this size really cater to large outfits like in my experience elevator companies and such who don't care what the item price is just get it done, as in time is money. I needed a 100 ton hydro jack and the company didn't make a peep at the $3.500.00 price tag and I'm going back to 2004. When the little guy needs something they don't want to scare you off with the price they whack you on the shipping. For that reason I buy Delrin from e-bay.
There is truth to this, but McMaster has been excellent to deal with even as a puny individual purchaser. I imagine I've spent hundreds with them over the past 10 years - which is to say *nothing*, not even the weekly McMaster order from the tiny department of the last company for which I worked. I've had one occasion to call their (excellent) service line and they are just plain knock-yer-socks-off fantastic. (In addition to having, imo, *the* archetypal web store.) You get the royal treatment whether you're mega-corp, or joe-bob ordering $10 worth of SHCS.

GsT

The company I last worked for, a Fortune 500 company, always shipped Next Day Air between locations regardless of urgency. There were multiple instances where UPS Ground delivery would arrive before a Next Day Air shipment.

Back