Downloads Section Not Downloading

MikeMc

Registered
Registered
Now that I have access to the downloads section I've tried downloading both a *.txt and a *.pdf with no joy. Is there some instruction sheet detailing what is necessary other than just a mouse click?
Thanks,
MikeMc

Hi Mike,

I thought you'd have a reply before now.....

Can you tell me what document you're having trouble with; I'll try the same one to see if it's a "user privileges" based problem.
If you can tell me exactly what steps you follow, what you expect and what doesn't work, I'll try too.
I have downloaded from here before.
We can get this figured out.

-brino

On the 4th page of DLs "Hobby Lathe Article From Model Engineer.pdf".
I click the link and it takes me to another that has the file name, a couple of tabs labeled 'Overview' and 'Version History' and a link that says "View This Download".
The line below says, "Imported files from vBulletin files system."
then a few of links labeled 'Edit', 'Report' and 'Like' and a chance to rate the file but no file is evident so I click the "View This Download" link. Now a small window pops up allowing me to watch the resource so I click "Watch" which pops up another window to assure me I'm watching the resource but I still haven't seen it.
On the 1st page of DLs there is a text file called
"Tailstock Height and Bed Wear Errors.txt" that acts the same way.http://www.hobby-machinist.com/resources/tailstock-height-and-bed-wear-errors-txt.2479/
It's rather frustrating.
MikeMc

When I click on the link "Tailstock Height and Bed Wear Errors.txt" it asks me where to save it to. I save to my hard drive. Once I do that, I open it with one of my text editors. I had no problem opening it neither.

Might want to try it again.

You may not be download "enabled". I think this has come up before with the new software and the powers that be had to work their magic. When I click on the links in your post #4, I get a big red ""Download Now" button in the upper right hand corner. When I click on it, it doesn't open the file, I get a popup asking if I want to save it on my computer.

Tom

Well I just tryed again about half a dozen times and still no joy.
Is this perchance another case of me not yet having sufficient permissions?
Is there any way I can check that?
Thanks,
Mike

How do you get you download privileges setup as I am also unable to download

Don't feel bad as I have been on this site since Dec. of 2013 and I still don't have rights to some of the stuff on this site downloads being one of them. Guess we just aren't one of the Special People. !!!

Mike,

When I follow your link to the PDF page I see a big "Download Now" button just above the "View this Download" text.
Clicking that button I download the PDF file fine on both a Win7 PC and on an Android tablet.
The same for that text file; both files work fine for me.

As far as I know my account is not special in any way.......though I have seen some occasional strangeness.
I have contacted a staff member who is currently online and alerted them to this thread.

Meanwhile, I'll send you a PM.

-brino

Back