Downloads Section Not Downloading

I noticed that the 3 folks in this thread that can't download have only 11, 25 and 35 posts. Maybe that's the key? Haven't reached minimum participation level to download yet?

Tom

I downloaded a PDF under your account, and had no problem.
(The one that I attached here).

Nels (on your account to check things out)

Attachments

• Atlas Lathe 06 3950 MK2 CI Ball.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 625
MikeMC, et al,

The threshold for access to Downloads is 30 posts and the blue background ACTIVE MEMBER bar. The other two people who can't get into Downloads need to get up to 30 posts first.

I also tried it as you (probably at about the same time that Nelson was) and had no problem either downloading or optionally opening a PDF file. Unfortunately, everyone in this thread is probably using a different machine and OS, most if not all of which have from slight to major differences in what the screen looks like. If you know how to do a screen dump and email a copy of it, go to the first PDF you were wanting to look at. Click the orange (to you) background Download Now button. Without clicking on anything else, do a screen dump and email it to me at wa5cab@cs.com.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I wanted to post this little tidbit for others having troubles!
With the assistance of Nels, MikeMc was able to figure out his trouble.
His ad-blocker add-in in his browser was hiding the download button.....doh!

So if you are already above 30 posts and having trouble, check your browser add-ins, perhaps temporarily disable them and try again.

Thanks Nels!
Thanks Robert D!

-brino

Hi Nels,
Thanks for your effort.
Knowing that it's not a permissions problem I poked around until I discovered that AdBlock Plus kept me from seeing the "Download Now" button. Something in the way that button is implimented triggers ABP to block it.
After that I can DL text files with no problem but PDFs get truncated. The file you attached ends up as 573KB where your system says it's 2.3MB but that's a separate issue though I have no trouble grabbing PDFs from other sights.

Thanks again,
MikeMc

PS: Perhaps the sticky thread "Downloads, Classifieds, Etc." would be a good place for admin to make note of the 30 post requirements and the problem with ABP.
MM

MikeMc,

That's weird. I also use ABP but I do get the big "Download Now" button. Maybe it's computer or OS sensitive. I'm running an iMac OS 10.10.4. What are you running?

Tom

Also not able to Download.
New here yesterday, why can I not download from the Downloads?
I would like to learn some setups for my #13 B&S Tool and Cutter Grinder and D-bit Grinder.
Thank you
08 Post USFS

Back