[How do I?] Drill A Hole With A Tapered End..?

Thank you. I will try the hole to size again.
Although, it will only be to grease the threads on the hood.
Turns out, Albrecht is sending me a replacement c15 after I told them about my trouble getting the hood off!
Albrecht has been just truly amazing in their customer service. Maybe the previous owner used thread lock.??
The chuck was in near new condition. I'm still going to make the clamps. The new c15 should be no problem.

That's pretty amazing given what that little chuck costs. It's pretty hard to find any company in the world with this level of customer care and service. Kudos to Albrecht!

Well, here's the latest update. Albrecht will exchange the c15....for a discounted price of $300.00
STill, not bad but I think I'll continue to work on the hood. :)
Albrecht has already done enough for me. ;) More than fair. Great company., great drill chucks.

Well, I finally made the clamps to disassemble my little Albrecht c15.
I had to make the hood clamp much smaller with the "fracture" hole close to the edge of the aluminum end to open and close the clamp easier. I was able to clamp around the top half of the knurling. No need for a tapered hole.

I did use a heavy duty WIlton vise to clamp the shell and that made a difference.Albc157_HDR.jpg Albc151.jpg Albc152.jpg Albc154.jpg
The chuck is in like new condition but the grease was very old. So here it is, apart and ready for refurb.

It is quite a marvel. These tiny precision machined parts. The BB's are smaller than a grain of sand!

You're becoming quite the expert on these chucks, Emilio! Very cool little chuck.

Back