Feedback on selecting a milling machine

Easy peasy with a pallet jack, just keep it close to the ground!
Spot on!!!! Kept it low and slowing it by lowering…

9B9C2D78-B84E-412B-BDB5-35446531E36B.jpeg

If that is your only issue needing attention, I’ll send you a free book. You should call Wells-Index, tell them the serial number, gather info and register yourself as owner. If you don’t like/want the mill, I’ll be right over to take it off your hands - with a rigging crew.

Thank you all. I will start a new thread for the mill.

I will reach out to Wells-Index with the serial number to register as an owner. Looking at their website, they charge 25.00 for serial number archive search... I went ahead and ordered that to see what came with the machine from the factory...

Pretty sure there will be more to fix... but besides the oil line, I do not know what else at this time...

If all goes well, I plan to get the lathe Thursday... The way the deal was done, because I bought both machines, the milling machine was 3.5K and the lathe 4.5K for a total of 8K for both machines.

Next I need:
VFD to be able to run it. Will research those suggested... going VFD mainly due to cost. Seems to be the least expensive alternative from those mentioned.

I also want:
A powered draw bar
Owner's Manual - I think I found it - link

Congratulations:grin:

Changing to a VFD probably won’t be the cheapest or fastest way to get your tools under power.

I think you said the lathe is single phase so nothing needed there except the right outlet close by. For the mill a static phase converter should work fine. I’ve bought two now from North American

Setup is easy and I doubt you’ll ever miss the power you give up, and if you ever do all you need is a suitable 3 phase motor and you’ve got a rotary converter.

I have VFD’s on my lathe and I like the speed control but both are old and didn’t require any electrical conversion, just switching to a 3 phase motor.

John

Another option is hiring an experienced wrecker driver with a roll back flatbed.
We used one of those to move 14,000# CNC to our shop. Used our 5,000# fork lift and rented machine skates to unload & move. A pinch bar and pipes can move a lot.

Back