Haas Tooling Discount

Then eBay the 40 taper for $30. You'd probably sell it in a day.
I've already sold two on eBay. If people keep buying these kits for R8 use, there's going to be a lot of CAT40/50 shell mill arbors for sale. :)

What R8 arbor would you use?

Well I just purchased 4 kits thankyou for the heads up.

I purchased 2 sizes in the octagon and 2 sizes in the rectangular inserts. I hope they work well I’m planning on testing them out in some 4140ph once I get them.

It's listed at the link I provided earlier along with details about the mounting bolt head diameter. I bought a Sowa from Suncoast. That is the 3/4" version that fits the 2" shell mill. Check the specs (not the drawings which have errors) on Haas web site if you're thinking of another size.

Last edited:
Just sold my Sowa I think to someone here.
@davidpbest Looks like the insert you bought is no longer part of the deal.
@Aukai .75" for 2" and 1.25" for 4".

There is a discrepancy on their site for the size needed for the 4". I'm waiting until it actually shows up before ordering the arbor.

I’m thinking of grabbing a 4” I’m just not sure if my mill can really make use of such a large cutter.

I think I’ve found some other brands that have very similar octagon inserts so I may get some of those in the future to try.

The Tormach FB page has a post with a discount code for Haas tooling... MMSMAG ...$100 off no minimum. They said it was posted in https://www.mmsonline.com/ . It doesn't seem to work with the shell mill kits DavidB has us buying but it does seem to work with other items

I just checked the 4" shell mill and they changed the image they had on their site. Before the image showed 1.25" arbor size while the technical specs showed 1.5". Now with the new picture it shows 1.5". This is the old picture on the bottom and new one on the top. DavidB called them on it and they said it was 1.5" and now it looks like they've changed the image. So maybe safe to order a 1.5" arbor.1613841477302.png
1613841439560.png

Back