Haas Tooling Discount

Must be an inch and a half as an inch and a quarter are not available in Cat.40.

If you click on the cat 40 picture of the size FM you are looking for, it has the arbor size 4" 1.5, 3" 1", 2.5 is 3/4", and 2" is 3/4" also

Haas has told me the spec tables for each shell mill are correct, and that the errors are in the drawings. I don’t trust that feedback and I am waiting to receive the shell mill to confirm it’s arbor size. This was all spelled out in the link I’ve posted twice. I can confirm the 2” shell mill that takes the Haas rectangle inserts takes a ¾” shell mill arbor, but requires the non-standard securing bolt that comes with the Haas CAT arbor. This is all documented here if you read the notes accompanying the images.

@ddickey just because you can’t find a 1¼” CAT holder doesn’t meant Haas didn’t come up with something proprietary- their mounting bolt heads are totally non-standard, just like their inserts.

Let me clarify. Haas doesn't sell a Cat 40 or 50 for a 1.25" pilot. They do however sell a BT40 with the 1.25" arbor.

Let me clarify. Haas doesn't sell a Cat 40 or 50 for a 1.25" pilot. They do however sell a BT40 with the 1.25" arbor.
I beg to differ - not that it matters since this doesn't have much to do with their promo offers if you intend to mount the shell mills on R8.

Here is the Haas CAT40 3/4" Arbor
Here is the Haas CAT50 3/4" Arbor

David, Thanks for hopping back in. I was thinking that since they updated their picture it must be correct. Like you, I'll just wait until it shows up to place my Suncoast order.
Thanks again,
Dave

Just sold my Sowa I think to someone here.
@davidpbest Looks like the insert you bought is no longer part of the deal.
@Aukai .75" for 2" and 1.25" for 4".
I don't know what you're talking about when you say "Looks like the insert you bought is no longer part of the deal." Here is the link to one of the four shell mill kits I bought that for $100 includes the shell mill, a package of 10 inserts, and a CAT40 arbor that I sold on eBay.

David, Thanks for hopping back in. I was thinking that since they updated their picture it must be correct. Like you, I'll just wait until it shows up to place my Suncoast order.
Thanks again,
Dave
Like I said previously, Haas is clearly new to all this and their web site is full of bugs.

I beg to differ - not that it matters since this doesn't have much to do with their promo offers if you intend to mount the shell mills on R8.

Here is the Haas CAT40 3/4" Arbor
Here is the Haas CAT50 3/4" Arbor
I'm talking about 1.25" arbor. I never said anything about a 3/4".

Back