Hardware

Oh Jeez Brent . What size you need ? We throw out 100's of grade 8s everytime we change the dies . Not a darn thing wrong with them and I used to save them . I stopped saving just because I didn't have a use for them all . :dunno: Still waiting on a box for the organizer , all are either too small or so big the shipping would kill you . :(

I don't use them often, but have you tried Fastenal? Might be worth a try. Seem to have a lot of physical locations. That way you don't get burned on shipping. I have a location local to me. Have no idea what their shipping rates are.

My neighbor went to fastenal recently. They said they were going to online ordering soon. No more walk in traffic.

Honestly I get that fastenal wants to deal in bulk but my local one has always been a a$$ to me when I’ve called them. Its like I’m just a insignificant little guy not worth their time.
Too bad about that. Companies need to learn that servicing all customers, big and small, is a good idea. If you alienate your small customers, they stop coming, even if they get to be big customers. Poor service just leaves a bad taste that takes a long time to forget.

McMaster figured out how to support all kinds of customers. No, they are not the cheapest, but they treat me very well, for the relatively small amount of goods I buy in a year. They don't make me feel insignificant, but instead they treat me as a valued customer. They are a rare company.

Our local Ace Hardware has an excellent selection of fasteners.

Lots of hobbyists milling around. Can buy single pieces and they get priced at the front counter.

Lots of hobbyists milling around. Can buy single pieces and they get priced at the front counter.

They don't accept online orders and that's a heck of a round trip from Sunnyvale (and most everywhere else). LOL

Oh Jeez Brent . What size you need ? We throw out 100's of grade 8s everytime we change the dies . Not a darn thing wrong with them and I used to save them . I stopped saving just because I didn't have a use for them all . :dunno: Still waiting on a box for the organizer , all are either too small or so big the shipping would kill you . :(
I need like 25 or so prob 1.5" long. Also need some low head cap screws same size and length. Whenever ya get a box is good. Or whenever we get a chance to meet up even. Shipping is still the easiest as of now. Idk if it would be easier if the drills we dumped in a box and shipped separately? From the box?
I don't use them often, but have you tried Fastenal? Might be worth a try. Seem to have a lot of physical locations. That way you don't get burned on shipping. I have a location local to me. Have no idea what their shipping rates are.
I dont have a Fastenal around me so it doesnt help as much for me. I also am not sure about pricing.

Much of this might be "regional", but will maybe help some Canadian members......

Local Home Hardware is not bad, but selection is limited.
Tractor Supply (now Peavey Mart or some such) also has limited choice and is 12 times further away.

I used to stop at either of two local places Ottawa Fastener Supply or Fastenal.
OFS has a terrible web presence; they stock tons of stuff, but I cannot be sure it's there before I go (about an hour round trip)
Fastenal won't give me an online account as an individual without a business number. I quit them.

eBay has been good for getting exactly what I want, but is not quick.

This place has been fantastic:
https://www.boltsplus.ca/
Every time I visit the web site they have more product.
I can usually find everything I need in the quantities I want at a decent price.
Shipping speed is reasonable too, usually just a day to two.

Brian
Hey thanks for this @brino!

Back