(HELP) Rockwell 21-100 quill stuck.

Start by removing the vertical stop rod. That gives you access to the bolt that frees the quill stop. After that, pull the quill pinion. Might remove the quill lock too. Then take the whole quill out.
I'd suspect a chunk of junk in the quill rack.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk
I did exactly what you said and problems fixed. For anyone curious, the whole f******g headstock was full of sunflower seeds binding up the quill pinion. Also for anyone who uses a shopvac on their machines to suck out sunflower seeds, make sure you dont have loose parts still on or you will suck up your clutch cone and lose the keyway key in your shopvac full of metal shavings.Snapchat-198833670.jpg20231014_130425.jpg20231014_130433.jpgSnapchat-1558959409.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I'm guessing you've got mice.
I hate those meces to pieces.

I'm guessing you've got mice.
I hate those meces to pieces.
Guy before me had the mice I bought the mill, a lathe an a cabinet full of tooling at an estate sale a little over a year ago and when I went through the tooling cabinet it was packed full of sunflower seeds as well.

Plug the hole through the ram; I did that years ago...

Gotta say, not your everyday problem!

Mine had a piece of chewing gum up in the R8 taper, and candy wrappers stuffed into the round column. The wrappers are still there. Lol
It came from a high school, so no big surprise there I guess.

Plug the hole through the ram; I did that years ago...

Gotta say, not your everyday problem!

Surely not the everyday problem! I dont got rodent problems where Im at now but Id still like to keep junk outta there, what hole through the ram is it your talking about because after taking it apart and finding that Im still dumbfound on how they could have gotten all those sunflower seeds in there.

Now you gotta play the song "Pushing too hard" by The Seeds, at full volume
LOL

Back