Hi guys. Been very busy designing better systems. See the new 1500 truly flat face strait shaft here.

The Custom Crafter

The Custom Crafter
H-M Supporter - Commercial Member
Right now we have a black box version control unit in R&D. This will present a sealed motor and sealed air cooled control unit.
The control head is only 3" + 2 " and easy to place in a convenient location. I will post images as soon as it is finalized.
Until than check out the truly flat face and strait shaft BLDC 1500W motor we recently released.
This motor boasts 16 NM torque and a speed range of 300 to 3,500 RPM.
The flat face eases DIY fitting to your machine.
The strait shaft supports multi sheave pulleys.
1500b.jpg

20230621_130428.jpg

1500d.jpg

Eagerly awaiting pics.

Will the new control be usable on other smaller motors?

Custom Crafter, what is you take on vfd AC vs brushless DC vs servo drives?

Custom Crafter, what is you take on vfd AC vs brushless DC vs servo drives?
Preference is like asking a Chevrolet or Ford owner which brand of truck is better.
Function is like a gas motor compared to a diesel. Each has a place where it out performs the other.
By the way, I drive a Tundra V8

Preference is like asking a Chevrolet or Ford owner which brand of truck is better.
Function is like a gas motor compared to a diesel. Each has a place where it out performs the other.
By the way, I drive a Tundra V8
ok swing and a miss, so let me be more direct and specific.
I have a small bench top mill G0758, it comes with a brushed DC motor, i would like to be able to install a reversing switch and or just upgrade this small mill, in your opinion what are the benefits / tradeoffs of installing a BLDC motor vs installing an AC motor with VFD control vs a servo spindle motor?
I understand everyone has an opinion but i was thinking that since you make BLDC motor kits you may have some useful incite into the pros and cons of the different options.

BTW i looked all over your site and could not find an option to purchase a toyota V8 to install into my mill.

I have a small bench top mill G0758, it comes with a brushed DC motor.
I went and looked at the parts diagram on Grizzly. The G0758 looks to be a better design than the more common clutch brand I converted.
I does have the problematic high/low gear set. This is required for the low torque motor it came with.
You will want to keep that gear set or use the LMS 2 speed belt drive to achieve low speed torque with the VFD. You will also have to bring a 240 AC circuit to the mill to run the VFD.
With the 120V AC 10NM torque 750W servo motor you can take these gears out and run the spindle direct. This will eliminate all that gear noise
as well as the eventual broken internal gears.

BTW i looked all over your site and could not find an option to purchase a toyota V8 to install into my mill. :D

I went and looked at the parts diagram on Grizzly. The G0758 looks to be a better design than the more common clutch brand I converted.
I does have the problematic high/low gear set. This is required for the low torque motor it came with.
You will want to keep that gear set or use the LMS 2 speed belt drive to achieve low speed torque with the VFD. You will also have to bring a 240 AC circuit to the mill to run the VFD.
With the 120V AC 10NM torque 750W servo motor you can take these gears out and run the spindle direct. This will eliminate all that gear noise
as well as the eventual broken internal gears.
will the LMS 2 speed belt drive work on the g0758 as far as i can tell it will not but would love it if it can, i could make a custom belt drive to fit (good reason for the wife to let me buy a lathe).
240 Ac is not a problem for me.
do you sell a 750W servo motor? and do you think that is a better solution?
I was thinking that the simple solution would be belt drive with a BLDC or keep the gears they are not that noisey and the dust collector drowns it out anyway.
anyway thanks for the information.
loved your videos BTW

Back