Hi guys. Been very busy designing better systems. See the new 1500 truly flat face strait shaft here.

The kit is looking good! I am excited to rebuild my band saw. Great value, @The Custom Crafter!

PXL_20230814_231915278.jpg

Hello Iam looking at your set up and wonder will it work on a 12x24 Tiawan lathe it has a 3/4hp motor at present with two speed pulleys and a three-speed pulley set in the main box old lathe but works well for the job I give it Thanks bob.

Hi Bob,
That is a larger lathe than I have placed the 2 hp on. Not more swing the the Smithy's and the owners love the performance improvement.
Still your lathe only has 3/4 so it should be a big improvement.
I work best when I see photos. Do you have any pictures?
Thanks
Dan

Hi Bob,
That is a larger lathe than I have placed the 2 hp on. Not more swing the the Smithy's and the owners love the performance improvement.
Still your lathe only has 3/4 so it should be a big improvement.
I work best when I see photos. Do you have any pictures?
Thanks
Dan
went ahead and got the unit, in the process of building the motor mount, plcked up a none steped pulley of yours to test the unit, mine has a two step looking at your 40x90 two step is there a template for the motor mount spacing. also an extention cable for longer distances from controler and doesthe foot switch work with this unit thanks bob

went ahead and got the unit, in the process of building the motor mount, plcked up a none steped pulley of yours to test the unit, mine has a two step looking at your 40x90 two step is there a template for the motor mount spacing. also an extention cable for longer distances from controler and doesthe foot switch work with this unit thanks bob
Hi Bob.
I do not know which motor mount you are talking about but with most, you will have to create your own template. I also cannot match your hobby machinist user name to past orders on my website as the names do not match.
Extension for which component to the controller? I can say, you cannot lengthen the wires between the controller and the motor without major design changes to compensate for frequency to include power loss and possible FCC violations.
The foot switch only works if you have the tethered version speed control. It will not work with a built in speed rotary switch as shown in the image above that pontiac482 posted..

Thanks
Dan

Back