I woke up late and made my coffee too strong. Day is ruined.

Typically depends on where you live. Call your local government town, county, city, state to find out if there's any regulations to comply with. Depending on how rural you are, there may be no requirements. In some jurisdictions there may be set back regulations or even require a permit if you decide to pour a floor. Definitely a local thing. Better to find out ahead of time, than to be forced to change location after the shed's full, or you have returned your heavy equipment.
Thanks a lot man

Do you need to make paperwork for shed or you just buy and place it somewhere. I am interested on getting/making one for myself
In my township up to a certain size you do not need a permit. At 200sqft (10’x20’) I was right at the size where I needed a permit and I could have just dropped it on gravel, but we wanted a pad which meant more exposure with contractors involved.

Cost $80 but relieved a lot of stress.

Here it’s 120sqft. with 12’ height limit. So we‘re going with 10x12x12. Looks like wood frame. The county doesn’t care about cement/pavers etc and doesn’t require permit. Our area is unincorporated and notoriously without permits but the next town over which is becoming a big tourist trap has started using drones to catch permit cheats :(

Coffee is just dirty water with drugs in it
Eh, maybe yours is. :cool 2:

Anyway, re-looking at your insta-shed, I really like the look of it. It's good to have separate spaces in any relationship. ;)

I wish we had space for a shed in the back garden. :frown:. We have a typical late 20th Century build UK house, i.e. constructed poorly in places, with a garden sized that you US chaps would, upon seeing it, quite reasonably ask "so where's the actual garden?"

Consequently, I have to share the 1.75 car garage that is my workshop with my partner's gardening stuff.

However, I have plans to partition off the garage door end and let my other half use that for the gardening stuff. That will gain me two extra walls and some warmth in winter too.

No space for a decent sized door between the two spaces so no door at all. The studwork will have to be in sections that can be unbolted and moved to allow the bringing in of larger machines, when savings allow.:)

Thankfully my common-law son-in-law is one of the smartest, quickens, most savvy builders I've ever met (and a lovely husband to my partner's daughter and a brilliant dad to our grandon Freddie to boot :) ) and he's got some ideas of the best way to achieve this.

Eh, maybe yours is. :cool 2:

Anyway, re-looking at your insta-shed, I really like the look of it. It's good to have separate spaces in any relationship. ;)

I wish we had space for a shed in the back garden. :frown:. We have a typical late 20th Century build UK house, i.e. constructed poorly in places, with a garden sized that you US chaps would, upon seeing it, quite reasonably ask "so where's the actual garden?"

Consequently, I have to share the 1.75 car garage that is my workshop with my partner's gardening stuff.

However, I have plans to partition off the garage door end and let my other half use that for the gardening stuff. That will gain me two extra walls and some warmth in winter too.

No space for a decent sized door between the two spaces so no door at all. The studwork will have to be in sections that can be unbolted and moved to allow the bringing in of larger machines, when savings allow.:)

Thankfully my common-law son-in-law is one of the smartest, quickens, most savvy builders I've ever met (and a lovely husband to my partner's daughter and a brilliant dad to our grandon Freddie to boot :) ) and he's got some ideas of the best way to achieve this.
I honestly don't know why we didn't get this sooner.

Well, I kinda do, I was planning on a 30'x20' barn for back on the property, but recent life events changed things for us a bit. This option was much cheaper than a barn and much more expedient to our needs, so here it is.

Dont take this the wrong way, but its refreshing to see someone from across the pond who understands there's just basic differences between the two lifestyles here and there.

Gardens/lawns are an area often as misunderstood as pickups vs public transportation. We have 3 acres with 1/2 lawn with the house on it, and the rest woods. I both love and hate having a lawn, love it when its freshly cut and looks nice, hate it at the end of the season when I'm tired of cutting it.

And while its time consuming and can be expensive, the type of lawns you guys keep would just not work here.

It would turn into a weedy overgrown mess in a single season and have the township on our backs. They had to mow a neighboring property of an elderly couple who were trying to downsize during the whu flu and the cost for a single mowing was over $400!

That's more than I spend in fertilizer for a season.

Cheaper to keeper.

I honestly don't know why we didn't get this sooner.

Well, I kinda do, I was planning on a 30'x20' barn for back on the property, but recent life events changed things for us a bit. This option was much cheaper than a barn and much more expedient to our needs, so here it is.

Dont take this the wrong way, but its refreshing to see someone from across the pond who understands there's just basic differences between the two lifestyles here and there.

Gardens/lawns are an area often as misunderstood as pickups vs public transportation. We have 3 acres with 1/2 lawn with the house on it, and the rest woods. I both love and hate having a lawn, love it when its freshly cut and looks nice, hate it at the end of the season when I'm tired of cutting it.

And while its time consuming and can be expensive, the type of lawns you guys keep would just not work here.

It would turn into a weedy overgrown mess in a single season and have the township on our backs. They had to mow a neighboring property of an elderly couple who were trying to downsize during the whu flu and the cost for a single mowing was over $400!

That's more than I spend in fertilizer for a season.

Cheaper to keeper.
I got 4 bags of 10-10-10 for the garden never did it before

In my township up to a certain size you do not need a permit. At 200sqft (10’x20’) I was right at the size where I needed a permit and I could have just dropped it on gravel, but we wanted a pad which meant more exposure with contractors involved.

Cost $80 but relieved a lot of stress.
wow, that's big, around here it's 8x10 and when they came around to re-access, my 10x14 got taxed yearly.

Back