I'm Moving

Thanks for the support everyone. Sometimes I wonder if anyone would even miss me if I were to suddenly disappear off the face of the planet. ;) OK, back to work...

The box of metal (heavy metal box?) is done. Not pretty, but it's solid and should get the job done. It will take two just to push thing thing around on level ground. And it is packed full to the top! Gotta be 500-600 lbs.

IMG_0862.jpg
IMG_0863.jpg

I used some leftover pieces to fashion a makeshift 'lid' for it so pieces don't grow legs and walk off while in storage.

Might be wort a shot. Send me a PM and we'll talk. Thanks. :)

Find some acreage some where you like and build a 40' x 60' Metal shop. Build some living quarters along one side and then you don't have to go far to do any playing in the shop. :D

If I were single I just might do that. :)

I actually found one similar but larger that would have worked. I think it was a former welding or machine business. The wife just shook her head and said "Heck No!" (or something like that...).

Sorry to hear of the lay-off Bill. It's always tough when it happens and usually at an inappropriate time. Jim and others have some real sound advice. You are good at what you do, no one can say different. Hang in there all will work out.

"Billy G"

Some friends of ours built one and it is nicer than most new homes I've been in.
It has over 1200 sq ft of living area, and when they have family occasions it is easy to setup tables out in the shop area for everyone to sit at.
They have a porch area off the living quarters that is about 12' x 24' with a roof and has a fire pit to sit around and take it easy.
The wife told me if we ever move that she would like a place just like it.
It was cheaper than building a wood frame house, a separate shop area and it is very well insulated, even the shop area.
I'd definitely check out some of the newer styles being built and let your wife see them.

Bill: If you guys wouldn't mind being in the Fort Worth area, I can point you to some jobs within our company.
Lot of good things happening in the DFW Metroplex right now. My main customer I work for is located in the Denton area. Just visited their machine shop there, nice! The area is very diversified in different ares of manufacturing, not just one, many!

4gsr: I hadn't realized until I looked this morning, that we have at least 10 machine shops within a 10 mile radius of Denton. I've dealt with Hoop's before, but that's the only one.

Back