ISO Plans/Drawings for Casting Specialties Hacksaw Kit

I made the vise only, still have it; they also made other kits, including a bench drill press, they had one in the shop class.

I'm new here. I ran across this forum, while looking for some information on stamping numbers for another project.

We built a bunch of these power saws in a college class, many years ago, and (being a packrat), I kept the original instructions.

Hopefully, this is helpful.

Thanks,
Mike

Mike,
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I had all but given up on ever finding the plans for this. These will be extremely helpful when I get around to starting this project.
Thanks again,
John

I'm new here. I ran across this forum, while looking for some information on stamping numbers for another project.

We built a bunch of these power saws in a college class, many years ago, and (being a packrat), I kept the original instructions.
They include a fixture to cut the gears, but chain and sprockets were also an option.
I've also scanned an article from a magazine, with a nice little stand for the saw.
I lost my saw in a fire, but found another in a pile of junk at an estate sale, recently.

The only issue I have encountered with using mine is finding 8" blades-I resorted to a carbide drill, and shortening 12" blades.
It's an interesting project, but painfully slow, compared to a portable bandsaw.
I am thinking about cleaning it up, and making a desk lamp out of it.

About 30 years ago, I contacted CF Struck, and inquired about the castings they used to offer. They told me they had sold off the casting business to a former employee. I contacted him,( this was before email), but I never got a reply.

Hopefully, this is helpful.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike

many thanks. I've just picked one up on ebay to restore and finally thanks to you found the maker and plans

I am so surprised to find these plans. I got everything but the pulleys, gears and shafts when I purchased a logan lathe a couple of years ago. I thought the parts might be to a power hacksaw, but did not have time to investigate and put the parts in a drawer and forgot about them. I might have to finish it and get it cutting again.

Thanks Mike!

Back